Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
I have the same exact issue, I changed the CPP sensors but there are 2 and one other member had the same issue and ended up changing it for the third time to get a good working sensor.
I haven't changed the the upper side sensor yet, its pain in the ass but I did change the master cylinder pedal assembly when I put in a new clutch.
You can test it by reading the CPP switch readings should should 50-100 and 0-50 something like that mine is either 66.7 or 100%.
I am guessing your cruise control wont turn on too as safety measure?

Reactions: StanE

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Yes same it turned the car into a old school jaguar, Hold the brake in and clutch and hold the start button until it starts lol
I dont mind it but the thing is it says press clutch and brake but I dont have to press the clutch it thinks its pressed or something.

Anyway I will take buy new sets of sensors and try again. If not I am guessing its a PCM issue.
How much does a PCM programming and a used PCM go cost? any idea?

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Just to be clear do we need to marry the AP before any kind of PCM swap?

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
yes, both are new and in place but didn’t solve my issue sadly
I'm afraid it has to do with wiring at this point. haven't gotten a chance yet to look at mine.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
While you are in there, why not check what voltage you are getting?

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
wait whats the location of that sensor? Is it in the engine bay?

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Yeah, thats the sensor I was trying to determine if he had. Apparently, he has 2 pedal switches and the clutch master sensor. This is a 15 plus thang. Prefacelift only has the pedal sensors.

Its literally attached to the clutch master in the engine bay.

Its whats causing his issues, lol.
and mine!!!!!!!!!!!

is it on the clutch master cylinder in the engine bay side? any part #? I only found 2 switches upper and lower.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
and I replaced my master cylinder, so it means it never came with one!

also where does it hook onto?

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
So both of my clutch switches that are inside are brand new, i disconnected this sensor from inside the engine bay behind the battery box just to see if the clutch pedal position would go back to 0% and as the picture shows it did which means this is the bad sensor, i just don’t have enough money and time to buy the master with the sensor on it, I believe this should fix everyone’s problem (don’t take my word for it)
Let me place an order for an RS cpedal which comes with this sensor, I will report back when its installed.

Ok I need some help here,
This is for 2013-2018 ST, they have the full clutch kit for the ST. and this is the part#
and out of these the last one is for our car.

Which is this part

Now for the RS they have this which is what I need technically.

Here is the part which I hope comes with the sensor.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Well dammit! As I was writing that I figured that the wiring had to be different too.......any other advantage to the RS clutch master over the ST ?
If you have the same exact issues as my car, and you have a 13' why not swap the 2 sensors on the clutch pedal assembly?

I used a new 13' pedal assembly which didnt have the sensor, I changed my sensors 3 times lol, I will change it RS pedal once I go BT and report back.
I dont mind the new start up sequence, but I do miss my cruise control :/

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
thanks for showing pics! very helpful for the rest of us struggling with the same problem
I try to post as many pics, in case I need it again and it gets documented here for other people :)

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Only one of my 2 sensors was accidentally not reattached after the master cylinder was replaced. It is the pedal down sensor, so fortunately cruise control works fine still, because that relies only on the pedal up sensor. Because of the location of that sensor I simply can't reach up far enough to clip it back onto the pedal. ......
yea its a *****, you will need to take the cover off and maybeee if your hands and fingers aren't fat you might reach it.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Did anyone have any resolve to this? I just replaced my clutch and master cylinder and now it's acting up. It's doing the same exact thing, 66% when pedal is up, 100% when it's down. I unplugged the firewall sensor and it shows zero now. I'm wondering if I somehow damaged it? Anyway, did anyone fix theirs?

Thanks
Did you even read the thread?
Post #44 shows what part you need and what sensor to connect.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Yes, that is the part which will fix it, since we have the same exact symptoms.
66% pedal position.
Its a pain in the ass either way, you have to remove the battery and also the bolts from inside the car.
good luck.

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,225 Posts
Thanks for confirming that it fixed yours. already have the battery/box out of the car, so at least there's that. I was able to unclip it and remove it without removing the pedal assembly, so I'm hoping I can snap the new one into place. I really don't even see how I could've damaged my old one... I guess they must be sorta delicate?
they have a magnetic strip inside which I believe go bad over time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts