Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt

Administrator
to fit the whole assembly with the sensor in place, instead of struggling to put the sensor in while the assembly is in place
Interesting. Im trying to picture where that piece came from. Any more pics?

Administrator
can someone please explain what in the world does this sensor do...... I took it off my old master cylinder and put it on the new one and i think it might be the solution to my problem
View attachment 387369 View attachment 387370
Lol!! Yeah thats a Clutch Pedal sensor, well clutch movement. The new one didnt have one installed? Thats odd. Plug that in!!!

Administrator
wait whats the location of that sensor? Is it in the engine bay?
Yeah, thats the sensor I was trying to determine if he had. Apparently, he has 2 pedal switches and the clutch master sensor. This is a 15 plus thang. Prefacelift only has the pedal sensors.

Its literally attached to the clutch master in the engine bay.

Its whats causing his issues, lol.

Administrator
and mine!!!!!!!!!!!

is it on the clutch master cylinder in the engine bay side? any part #? I only found 2 switches upper and lower.
Yes. Clutch master, engine bay.

Administrator
done that, i live in new mexico and there are no crashed ST鈥檚 or RS鈥檚 yet
Buy a Master for a RS, it comes with it. We are rocking one in my buddies 13'

Reactions: W4R

Administrator
BUMP, looking for input on my above post.
It comes with the sensor. I installed an RS master on my buddies '13 ST.

Administrator
@Duece McCracken - So expand a little on this - are you saying that the Ford Focus RS clutch master has the pedal sensors integrated (both of them?) I have had a long running "problem" with my 2013 (ever since I had a shop change the clutch and clutch hydraulics) where the pedal pressed sensor was not reconnected and now I have to press both brake and clutch to start the car and I also have to hold the start/stop button until the engine fires. I tried in vain to reach the sensor up in the firewall but I simply can't get to it, so I have lived with this (admittedly first world) problem ever since. Would swapping for this RS clutch master be an alternative solution to my problem, or is the "view not worth the climb"?
Wont do anything for a pre facelift. We installed the master on a 13' we are using the 13' cpp switches. The RS cpp is unplugged, integral to the unit. 15plus have a different wiring harness, which has the cpp connector by the clutch master in the engine bay.

Administrator
Only one of my 2 sensors was accidentally not reattached after the master cylinder was replaced. It is the pedal down sensor, so fortunately cruise control works fine still, because that relies only on the pedal up sensor. Because of the location of that sensor I simply can't reach up far enough to clip it back onto the pedal. ......
Is there any local ST members that can assist?

Reattaching the sensor makes more sense than running wires into the engine bay, lol

Administrator
Forgot to mention @StanE , you'd have to swap clutch masters again too, so you'd be removing the pedal assembly, which would put you in the same predicament you are in.

You're going to need to outsource this labor. Get that bad boy plugged in correctly, and verify the other sensor too.

Administrator
I totally agree! I spent several hours on it at the time and gave up - I'm not a big guy and have fairly "normal" hands and I just couldn't do it. Couldn't really see either. I even tried taking the knee airbag out to see if it would improve access up there. The other curve ball possibility is that the fit for the pedal down sensor to the pedal itself may be different (or missing?), because I actually bought a pedal/master assembly for the 5-speed (non-ST) car. This pedal assembly is slightly different and also does not have the over-center assist spring, so I actually prefer the more linear clutch feel with this pedal.

LMFAO!!! Well, that may be an issue as well. Geez man,

Let me see if I can find pics of that assembly.

Administrator
I'm just happy that cruise works - I can hold the start button down and press the brake and clutch just as well as the next guy! But it does catch others out sometimes!
Looks like the pedal assemblies use the same switches. Should be a mount, plug, and go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts