Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
to fit the whole assembly with the sensor in place, instead of struggling to put the sensor in while the assembly is in place
Interesting. Im trying to picture where that piece came from. Any more pics?

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
can someone please explain what in the world does this sensor do...... I took it off my old master cylinder and put it on the new one and i think it might be the solution to my problem
View attachment 387369 View attachment 387370
Lol!! Yeah thats a Clutch Pedal sensor, well clutch movement. The new one didnt have one installed? Thats odd. Plug that in!!!

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
wait whats the location of that sensor? Is it in the engine bay?
Yeah, thats the sensor I was trying to determine if he had. Apparently, he has 2 pedal switches and the clutch master sensor. This is a 15 plus thang. Prefacelift only has the pedal sensors.

Its literally attached to the clutch master in the engine bay.

Its whats causing his issues, lol.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
Yeah, thats the sensor I was trying to determine if he had. Apparently, he has 2 pedal switches and the clutch master sensor. This is a 15 plus thang. Prefacelift only has the pedal sensors.

Its literally attached to the clutch master in the engine bay.

Its whats causing his issues, lol.
and mine!!!!!!!!!!!

is it on the clutch master cylinder in the engine bay side? any part #? I only found 2 switches upper and lower.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
and mine!!!!!!!!!!!

is it on the clutch master cylinder in the engine bay side? any part #? I only found 2 switches upper and lower.
Yes. Clutch master, engine bay.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fun fact!!! Cannot purchase this sensor separately!!! I managed to f*** it up while trying to install it, searched everywhere and nowhere to be found.. called ford dealership and they said that there is no part number for this sensor so i will need to buy a new master cylinder that has the sensor already on it!!!! some 🐮 💩

·
Super Moderator
12,731 Posts
Fun fact!!! Cannot purchase this sensor separately!!! I managed to f*** it up while trying to install it, searched everywhere and nowhere to be found.. called ford dealership and they said that there is no part number for this sensor so i will need to buy a new master cylinder that has the sensor already on it!!!! some 🐮 💩
View attachment 387389
Check wrecking yards/dismantlers for a used part.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,124 Posts
done that, i live in new mexico and there are no crashed ST’s or RS’s yet
Buy a Master for a RS, it comes with it. We are rocking one in my buddies 13'

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
39 Posts
So both of my clutch switches that are inside are brand new, i disconnected this sensor from inside the engine bay behind the battery box just to see if the clutch pedal position would go back to 0% and as the picture shows it did which means this is the bad sensor, i just don’t have enough money and time to buy the master with the sensor on it, I believe this should fix everyone’s problem (don’t take my word for it)

21 - 40 of 72 Posts