Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
Did anyone have any resolve to this? I just replaced my clutch and master cylinder and now it's acting up. It's doing the same exact thing, 66% when pedal is up, 100% when it's down. I unplugged the firewall sensor and it shows zero now. I'm wondering if I somehow damaged it? Anyway, did anyone fix theirs?

Thanks
Did you even read the thread?
Post #44 shows what part you need and what sensor to connect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you even read the thread?
Post #44 shows what part you need and what sensor to connect.
Yes. I read the whole entire thread, but you never updated on if it actually fixed it for you. I'm just confirming before I order the part in question. Did you replace the whole master again, or just pull the sensor off of the new one and place it in?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
Yes, that is the part which will fix it, since we have the same exact symptoms.
66% pedal position.
Its a pain in the ass either way, you have to remove the battery and also the bolts from inside the car.
good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for confirming that it fixed yours. already have the battery/box out of the car, so at least there's that. I was able to unclip it and remove it without removing the pedal assembly, so I'm hoping I can snap the new one into place. I really don't even see how I could've damaged my old one... I guess they must be sorta delicate?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
Thanks for confirming that it fixed yours. already have the battery/box out of the car, so at least there's that. I was able to unclip it and remove it without removing the pedal assembly, so I'm hoping I can snap the new one into place. I really don't even see how I could've damaged my old one... I guess they must be sorta delicate?
they have a magnetic strip inside which I believe go bad over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So just wanted to follow up with an update, I swapped the hall effect sensor and it still gave the same code, however, I tested with the sensor hooked up to the master cylinder it came with and the fault went away. Meaning that there is an internal difference on the master cylinders with the sensors and the ones without. It's weird though, because they have a spot to hook up the hall sensor on both styles. Anyway, I guess I just have to swap the plunger assembly and apply it to the pedal mechanism. Oh well, hope this helps someone in the future. In other words, when buying one for a 15+, make sure that it comes with the sensor!

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
So just wanted to follow up with an update, I swapped the hall effect sensor and it still gave the same code, however, I tested with the sensor hooked up to the master cylinder it came with and the fault went away. Meaning that there is an internal difference on the master cylinders with the sensors and the ones without. It's weird though, because they have a spot to hook up the hall sensor on both styles. Anyway, I guess I just have to swap the plunger assembly and apply it to the pedal mechanism. Oh well, hope this helps someone in the future. In other words, when buying one for a 15+, make sure that it comes with the sensor!
The part # screenshot I posted before shows a master cylinder for an RS, 13, and 14 I believe did not come with this sensor.
You can buy the RS part and it comes with the sensor for sure. If buying for an ST they might ship 13 or 14 year cylinder
Camera accessory Font Cameras & optics Camera Auto part

·
Registered
7 Posts
The part # screenshot I posted before shows a master cylinder for an RS, 13, and 14 I believe did not come with this sensor.
You can buy the RS part and it comes with the sensor for sure. If buying for an ST they might ship 13 or 14 year cylinder
View attachment 404687
Yeah, that's the one I bought to get the new sensor. I just pulled the sensor off thinking I could swap just that, but it looks like I'll be having to pull the pedal assembly and swap the whole thing. The white pivot just unclips from the pedal assembly?

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,193 Posts
Yeah, that's the one I bought to get the new sensor. I just pulled the sensor off thinking I could swap just that, but it looks like I'll be having to pull the pedal assembly and swap the whole thing. The white pivot just unclips from the pedal assembly?
Yes it does just come off from the assembly but the whole cylinder has to be the new one for it to work not just the white clip.
Thats why I mentioned the bolts under the pedal to remove it..

·
Registered
2015 focus ST3. Cobb intake, Cobb ap, AXE CS-LITE 18R.
38 Posts
Ford told me they can calibrate the sensor on the master cylinder for 30.00. So it may just need to be recalibrated. I'm gonna try that before even trying to redo the master cylinder. XD

61 - 72 of 72 Posts