Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
No. The solenoid is capped. The line that went to solenoid is now going to delete kit. My delete kit came pre tapped so no worries there (Steeda)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doing mine later today with the Steeda delete kit. Cant wait to get rid of the constant BOV sound on the highway. Also installing a Steeda cold air inlet intake. Btw on Sale right now for $140. No way I would ever spend more than that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi everyone,

Wanted to put together a proper "How to" for moving the blow off valve over to natural vacuum and removing it from the stock solenoid. Hopefully this helps anyone that is looking to make their Turbosmart or Boomba BOV blow off properly! This might requiring adjusting your BOV after the install to adjust it to your desired BOV preference.

Shout out to a fellow ST member for letting me use his car to complete this write up!

Parts required:
1 - 3/16" Vacuum cap (NAPA Auto is where I picked up a 5 pack for $3)
1 - 2 feet of fuel line 3/16" ID
1 - clamp
1 - Sound symposer delete kit with vacuum port or CPE
( cp-e™ Ford EcoBoost 1.6L & 2.0L Turbo MAPtap™ - cp-e™
cp-e™ BlockD™ Ford Focus ST Sound Symposer Delete - cp-e™
COBB Support )

Tool:
pair of pliers and cutters
8mm wrench to remove the sound symposer delete
maybe a 7/16" wrench to put on the barb

(Picture shows a barb we has that we picked up from ACE hardware because he didn't have the barb that came with his COBB SSD, for reference if you need one it is a 1/8NPT with a 3/16" barb part number is in the picture 4504130)

View attachment 352627

Next picture is just reference to show what it should all look like stock:

View attachment 352629

1) Unplug vacuum line going to the BOV from the solenoid

View attachment 352631

2) Using a vac cap, cap off the solenoid port that the line was removed from

View attachment 352639

3) Remove factory soft vacuum line from the hard line and replace it with the 2 feet of soft line and route to MAPTAP or sound delete vacuum source

View attachment 352641

4) last one is just to show the location of the sound delete and how the line routes to it's location.

View attachment 352643

Thanks
Nick
thanks for the write up. just got it done, and it makes a huge difference!!

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
20 Posts
Possible dumb question: Is it worth doing this if you're only running an intake and factory BOV?

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
20 Posts
Possible dumb question: Is it worth doing this if you're only running an intake and factory BOV?
Bueller.. Bueller??

Anyone?

Sent from my S21 Ultra 5G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
When I first hooked mine up like this, I was still running the Mountune BPV, which is basically a better-built version of the stock BPV; I didn't really notice much of a difference since it's still relatively quiet, but it certainly vented less. Shortly thereafter, I switched to the Boomba Adjustable, and finally to the Turbosmart 50/50.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST (ST2)
20 Posts
When I first hooked mine up like this, I was still running the Mountune BPV, which is basically a better-built version of the stock BPV; I didn't really notice much of a difference since it's still relatively quiet, but it certainly vented less. Shortly thereafter, I switched to the Boomba Adjustable, and finally to the Turbosmart 50/50.
I've considered both the Boomba and Turbosmart 50/50. The Boomba seems too hissy sounding. What did you think of each? @EVH

Sent from my S21 Ultra 5G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
For me, it's the Turbosmart 50/50--I should have just bought it to begin with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this. I bought a used 2016 and was confused by the BOV going off regardless of how throttle was let off. Pulled the wheel and saw the previous owner had installed a Turbosmart BOV.

Purchased the amazon symposer delete and some 3/16 line at the shop. What a difference! Now I did the symposer delete at the same time so I’m not sure what had the biggest effect. But the BOV functions much more predictably and I can absolutely hear the turbo flutter at times.

many thanks to those that took the time to throw the pics up! If you’re not sure you should do this, you should.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts