Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
95605's are backordered at all my local parts stores, NGK's website says the 90495 is the correct ruthenium plug for the ST, looks identical to the 95605 just a step colder, any reason not to go that route?

Edit: numbers are hard, it's a step warmer, that's why you all go with the 605. NEVERMIND NOTHING TO SEE HERE.....

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST1
55 Posts
What’s the difference between the NGK LTR6IX(94374) and the NGK LTR6IX-11(6509)?
Link to explain what the numbers mean.

Very interesting. So on the NGK website, the LTR6IX-11 that is recommended here on FocusST isn’t listed as being compatible with the ST. Whilst the regular one(94374) is. So the only difference is the gap, and it makes sense given that the 6509 plug is listed as having a .041 gap and the 94374 plug has a gap coming in at .031. So same plug, different gap.

Also an interesting thing I’ve noticed is that the NGKs sold at autozone and oreily are all made in Taiwan, whilst the ones sold on Rockauto are not only significantly cheaper, but they’re also made in japan.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
90 Posts
After spending an unnecessary amount of time reading through this thread, I decided to buy pre-gapped.026 NGK Ruth plugs. However, after I purchased, the website I bought them from said that .026 is for E30 fuels and .028 is for 91/93 fuels. I'm on a stock tune and only use 91/93 fuels so now I'm thinking I bought the wrong plugs...? It seemed from most of the convos on here that .026 would work for my set up. Any help is appreciated

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
After spending an unnecessary amount of time reading through this thread, I decided to buy pre-gapped.026 NGK Ruth plugs. However, after I purchased, the website I bought them from said that .026 is for E30 fuels and .028 is for 91/93 fuels. I'm on a stock tune and only use 91/93 fuels so now I'm thinking I bought the wrong plugs...? It seemed from most of the convos on here that .026 would work for my set up. Any help is appreciated
.026" is fine.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3 (Black)
85 Posts
Hey man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the same set myself. Getting a bunch of parts and maintenance "resets" for my ST right now.

Where did you order from? I made a note to order from Tune Plus about a month ago and they were $29.99, now they are $50. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,762 Posts
Hey man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the same set myself. Getting a bunch of parts and maintenance "resets" for my ST right now.

Where did you order from? I made a note to order from Tune Plus about a month ago and they were $29.99, now they are $50. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick/dumb question...

Manual for my 16 ST says Motorcraft CYFS-12y-2 SP-537 is the stock plug.

Has that particular Motorcraft part been replaced by CYFS-12y-PCT SP-550?

I checked the Mountune store and while their photo says SP-537, it looks like they updated the description to say SP-550 so I'm guessing all that's changed is the part number. Anyone know for sure?

glad someone asked this

·
Registered
2014 MK3 FoST MRX EFR Turbo Tangerine Scream (German Built)
346 Posts
281 - 292 of 292 Posts