Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Kiba, check your virus protection. Depending on what you use for firewall/virus protection, it could be blocking proper operation of the new program. Disconnect your network cable, then completely disable any firewall/virus software and try again. If it starts working, you know the problem is the firewall/virus program(s).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried to download,but unsuccessful.States Blocked To KAT website pursuant to Court Order???????
I live in the UK.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cant install localmachine it says that its not all the data that are inscribe correctly to the register. Some keys are open by the system or by other process! Any help

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I have had no luck. I did not install the additional things it asked for and it seems to time out.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Cant install localmachine it says that its not all the data that are inscribe correctly to the register. Some keys are open by the system or by other process! Any help
It should give this error but it should also still work correctly when you try to open the .exe file. What error do you get when you try to open the exe?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The only thing I can think of is to try running installing a fresh copy of windows into a virtual machine and running it like that. I know that's a lot of work, but there's really no way for me to figure out what the issue is unless I had access to your computer. The only other thing I can think of that may work is to boot into safe mode and try repeating all of the steps in the instructions.

If you go the VM route, then look into vmware or virtualbox.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Tried to download,but unsuccessful.States Blocked To KAT website pursuant to Court Order???????
I live in the UK.
UK government is currently on a censorship/site blocking spree. It wouldn't be a bad idea for people living over there to start looking for a solid proxy service that's based in another country.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm getting the same error. Tried everything, even installing from safemode.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Followed instructions and get the following error when I try to open the Tsobrowser file. Any suggestions??
View attachment 29898
What operating system are you using? Do you have any antivirus software that could be interfering?

I really wish I could track down the issue but I can't unless I had access to a PC that it's not installing on. The only thing I can think of is to use a virtual machine with a fresh copy of windows, or maybe try using a sandbox program like sandboxie.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Followed instructions and get the following error when I try to open the Tsobrowser file. Any suggestions??
View attachment 29898
I can see the problem, and it appears you did not follow the directions. The error is happening because it is looking for the tsobrower.exe file in the following directory...

c:\FFManual\C\FordFocusManual\tsobrowser.exe

That is not correct.

You should not have a directory "FFManual", or a directory "C".

At the root level of the C drive, you should only have a directory named FordFocusManual and all the files should be there.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I can see the problem, and it appears you did not follow the directions. The error is happening because it is looking for the tsobrower.exe file in the following directory...

c:\FFManual\C\FordFocusManual\tsobrowser.exe

That is not correct.

You should not have a directory "FFManual", or a directory "C".

At the root level of the C drive, you should only have a directory named FordFocusManual and all the files should be there.
Ahhh! Hahaha nice catch. I didn't even read the whole prompt lol. I think I stopped at runtime error.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I tried to down load this and got a **** load of Trojan alerts on my virus scan. Now my browsers are allowing ads to pop up all over the place. I am pissed.

Sent from somewhere using towers, gizmos andTapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I tried to down load this and got a **** load of Trojan alerts on my virus scan. Now my browsers are allowing ads to pop up all over the place. I am pissed.

Sent from somewhere using towers, gizmos andTapatalk 2
I've had no problems make sure you click the correct link.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Seems to be downloading currently, but I have a legit question. These manuals are from Helm I'm guessing (they in turn get them from Ford obviously), I've never got anything from them before. What's involved in removing whatever they have in there that's designed to prevent exactly what we're doing?

41 - 60 of 189 Posts