Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone, I know it’s been awhile since I posted.

Just got my new steering wheel and installed it. Was surprised how easy the install was, took all of 15 minutes. Couldn’t recommend Zen Carbon Fiber steering wheels enough. It’s a bit bulkier than stock but it looks and feels amazing. Just have to get a new gel badge overlay now.

Also will be throwing my old steering wheel in the free section, someone just pay shipping, it’s super beat up.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
What’s up everyone, I know it’s been awhile since I posted.

Just got my new steering wheel and installed it. Was surprised how easy the install was, took all of 15 minutes. Couldn’t recommend Zen Carbon Fiber steering wheels enough. It’s a bit bulkier than stock but it looks and feels amazing. Just have to get a new gel badge overlay now.

Also will be throwing my old steering wheel in the free section, someone just pay shipping, it’s super beat up.

View attachment 396058
Oh geez, those are nice! Ugh, if only I knew a few days ago, lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh geez, those are nice! Ugh, if only I knew a few days ago, lol
You just order one for your mustang? He operates solely off Facebook which is a little annoying since I don’t have one I have to have my girlfriend order it for me, but they are half the price of other carbon fiber steering wheels and look just as good.

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
You just order one for your mustang? He operates solely off Facebook which is a little annoying since I don’t have one I have to have my girlfriend order it for me, but they are half the price of other carbon fiber steering wheels and look just as good.
Yeah, I went with an Ebay vendor, semi custom.

If it turns out to be trash, Im going with Zen.

Reactions: booST94

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
What options did you get, specifically, lol

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That's the sex!! Definitely need a matching emblem over the Ford on the horn/airbag, but looks great!

Looks like he stepped into the 'real world', haha focus

Reactions: booST94

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
654 Posts
Looks fantastic, funny I've been looking into a carbon wheel too. Also no Facebook here. Does Zen offer heated steering retention?

Ballpark cost with your options? Rather not spend 1200+, but have only found 1 to keep heated steering as an option [+175].

Reactions: ST1Dale and booST94

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So he has a website now, all options including heated steering wheel retention are there. Mine with almost no options was $550 but he is very reasonably priced. Here’s the site. focus

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
How's this feel compared to the stock wheel? I tend to hold 9 and 3 (right above where the center meets the sides of the wheel), and find that the stitching of the stock wheel digs into my pinky because of it. I also just have big hands (size XL gloves sometimes fit... sometimes). I feel like the bulkier wheel might be more comfortable for me to hold on to.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How's this feel compared to the stock wheel? I tend to hold 9 and 3 (right above where the center meets the sides of the wheel), and find that the stitching of the stock wheel digs into my pinky because of it. I also just have big hands (size XL gloves sometimes fit... sometimes). I feel like the bulkier wheel might be more comfortable for me to hold on to.
It is a much softer feel, the stitching may still be in the way unfortunately. Definitely nicer than stock.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
That looks AWESOME!!! Wait- that wheel only cost $550?

A lot of clear coated carbon fiber parts are not clear coated with a true automotive-type product, so the clear coat will get hazy over time when exposed to heat and UV. Do you know if a UV-rated clear coat was applied by Zen?

LOVE IT!! Congrats!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks AWESOME!!! Wait- that wheel only cost $550?

A lot of clear coated carbon fiber parts are not clear coated with a true automotive-type product, so the clear coat will get hazy over time when exposed to heat and UV. Do you know if a UV-rated clear coat was applied by Zen?

LOVE IT!! Congrats!
I honestly don’t know about the clear coat I’m sure he would be happy to answer if you message him on his website, I also could keep everyone updated on whether a haze appears, but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You can apply a coating of Chemical Guys Hydrocharge which their customer service folks advised adds a robust UV protective coating. you would have to mask off the leather though. Just a thought.

I'm not a Facebook user, but would love more information on this wheel... I'll have to have my brother contact them for me.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
UV coatings- and built on an OEM Ford steering wheel and the price is reasonable too. I don't think it gets any better than this. Do you have to supply a core?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts