Ford Focus ST Forum banner

You guys ever hear of facebook?

3K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  NimbusST 
#1 ·
So, I posted my gofundme on Facebook groups, and they're all over me, it's like a zombie apocalypse.

#10 ·
It's painful but I've had to do it myself before.
Sold off my '42 Ford pickup about 10 years ago because we were too strapped at the time for the parts I really wanted, and it was going nowhere... and I didn't want to compromise either. After it sat for so long, it just bothered me knowing it could be something in the right hands, so I bit the bullet and let it go.
The good news is that now I have a Jeep Overland pickup that dad and I are starting on, and I'm happy it ended this way. One thing I've definitely learned over the years is that more often than not, hindsight shows us that most things eventually turn out for the better, no matter how difficult it may have been in the moment to make that change in direction.

#15 ·
I had to get sell my Cobalt SS/SC which was the first car I ever built by myself. I had so much money and time in that car. My Grandmother had cancer and she was my rock, but I was stuck in Georgia while she was on the west coast. I did everything to try and transfer, but with my position being as rare in terms of openings, they simply had nothing for me. I ended up selling the ‘Balt and moving in with a friend so I could have a few months with her. Still miss that car from time to time. Don’t see them too often.

Reactions: NimbusST
#17 ·
Hell, what I really want is a GR Yaris. I see we can’t import it, but you can’t tell me there’s no way for me to buy one and then ship it here just as dead weight, and then have it registered as a kit car or something...

Reactions: junits15
#19 ·
It was definitely worth it in the long run. Cars come and go, but I would never be able to recoup the time lost with her. Glad you’re all healthy and didn’t have to endure what the ST did. That **** sucks. I definitely wouldn’t have taken it very well if it were me.

Good luck with whatever your next endeavor end up being. I saw you mentioned the GR Yaris. One can only wish they’d release it here. Supposedly they’re talking about or doing a GR Corolla too. Wonder if that one will be available in the states? So far I hear good things.

Reactions: NimbusST
#20 ·
Facebook is nothing but toxic trolls. I use facebook for life and friends, but the groups are just toxic hives.

#21 ·
Yeah I mean... it gets kinda redundant. “Your car is trash because it sucks at quarter mile compared to my car,” and then there’s “your car’s trash because I don’t really like that kind of car,” and it just makes me sad for cars everywhere.

Reactions: junits15
#23 ·
Don’t forget:
“That tuner is trash and the tuner I use is best”
“No that tuner is trash I’ve been running my tune for 3 years and it’s fine”
“I blew up my motor on this tune it’s their fault can’t be me”
They base their decisions off of nothing more than word of mouth, can barely read a log.

On and on and on…

“That noise is fine you can ignore it” when the noise turns out to be something serious.

FB is a great place because it’s so accessible but that’s also the exact thing that makes it so awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Don’t forget:
“That tuner is trash and the tuner I use is best”
“No that tuner is trash I’ve been running my tune for 3 years and it’s fine”
“I blew up my motor on this tune it’s their fault can’t be me”
They base their decisions off of nothing more than word of mouth, can barely read a log.

On and on and on…

“That noise is fine you can ignore it” when the noise turns out to be something serious.

FB is a great place because it’s so accessible but that’s also the exact thing that makes it so awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I deleted my account years ago when a crazy (literally) ex-girl friend hacked my account while cyber stalking me...good times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.