Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I posted my gofundme on Facebook groups, and they're all over me, it's like a zombie apocalypse.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
So, I posted my gofundme on Facebook groups, and they're all over me, it's like a zombie apocalypse.
Well, posting up a "gofundme" to get your family out of a hotel and back on their feet is one thing; throwing in the rebuild my race car is something else. Usually people ask for help with necessities, not luxuries. Hope you get things back together soon.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the necessary things stabilized and I don't want to ask for help with that. The car is just something that sucks to lose...

Reactions: W4R

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
We have the necessary things stabilized and I don't want to ask for help with that. The car is just something that sucks to lose...
Ya, but it kind of sounds like you are asking for help to replace a toy so you can go out and play. I feel for you none the less.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, ****. I'll sell the transmission, sell the car to Rebel Devil, and not have to think about it anymore.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Honestly if you can stand to keep it somewhere for a bit it may be ok to just take it slow and repair it when you can.

Try to get the piss out of the gas tank first lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a storage unit. It can sit there until I do something with it. I'm just gonna sell it off and build my truck.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell, if anyone wants it, it has a good motor, ecu, Trans, all high mileage but I built it right. Just get it out of my sight.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a storage unit. It can sit there until I do something with it. I'm just gonna sell it off and build my truck.
It's painful but I've had to do it myself before.
Sold off my '42 Ford pickup about 10 years ago because we were too strapped at the time for the parts I really wanted, and it was going nowhere... and I didn't want to compromise either. After it sat for so long, it just bothered me knowing it could be something in the right hands, so I bit the bullet and let it go.
The good news is that now I have a Jeep Overland pickup that dad and I are starting on, and I'm happy it ended this way. One thing I've definitely learned over the years is that more often than not, hindsight shows us that most things eventually turn out for the better, no matter how difficult it may have been in the moment to make that change in direction.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's painful but I've had to do it myself before.
Sold off my '42 Ford pickup about 10 years ago because we were too strapped at the time for the parts I really wanted, and it was going nowhere... and I didn't want to compromise either. After it sat for so long, it just bothered me knowing it could be something in the right hands, so I bit the bullet and let it go.
The good news is that now I have a Jeep Overland pickup that dad and I are starting on, and I'm happy it ended this way. One thing I've definitely learned over the years is that more often than not, hindsight shows us that most things eventually turn out for the better, no matter how difficult it may have been in the moment to make that change in direction.
I wonder if a Magnusson supercharged 4.7 4x4 could beat a fully built ST...

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
275 Posts
I had to get sell my Cobalt SS/SC which was the first car I ever built by myself. I had so much money and time in that car. My Grandmother had cancer and she was my rock, but I was stuck in Georgia while she was on the west coast. I did everything to try and transfer, but with my position being as rare in terms of openings, they simply had nothing for me. I ended up selling the ‘Balt and moving in with a friend so I could have a few months with her. Still miss that car from time to time. Don’t see them too often.

Reactions: NimbusST

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had to get sell my Cobalt SS/SC which was the first car I ever built by myself. I had so much money and time in that car. My Grandmother had cancer and she was my rock, but I was stuck in Georgia while she was on the west coast. I did everything to try and transfer, but with my position being as rare in terms of openings, they simply had nothing for me. I ended up selling the ‘Balt and moving in with a friend so I could have a few months with her. Still miss that car from time to time. Don’t see them too often.
Hell, what I really want is a GR Yaris. I see we can’t import it, but you can’t tell me there’s no way for me to buy one and then ship it here just as dead weight, and then have it registered as a kit car or something...

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
2013 ST3
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@SacST Pretty noble way to lose a car tho. Sorry about your grandmother, we’re lucky we didn’t lose anybody.

Reactions: SacST

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
275 Posts
@SacST Pretty noble way to lose a car tho. Sorry about your grandmother, we’re lucky we didn’t lose anybody.
It was definitely worth it in the long run. Cars come and go, but I would never be able to recoup the time lost with her. Glad you’re all healthy and didn’t have to endure what the ST did. That **** sucks. I definitely wouldn’t have taken it very well if it were me.

Good luck with whatever your next endeavor end up being. I saw you mentioned the GR Yaris. One can only wish they’d release it here. Supposedly they’re talking about or doing a GR Corolla too. Wonder if that one will be available in the states? So far I hear good things.

Reactions: NimbusST

·
Vendor
577 Posts
Facebook is nothing but toxic trolls. I use facebook for life and friends, but the groups are just toxic hives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts