Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this little guy about 2 weeks ago. Traded out my 950 hp 16 GT to build something more sleeperish. Got a 2016 fusion titanium with 33k miles for $16,500.

What are my goals? For now, about 445 whp on e30 fuel. Maybe 500+ later on, but before touching the motor I want to see how the trans holds up and already have a good idea on what I need to do to beef it up with includes sourcing wider gears and clutches from the 6f55 transmission and having torrie tune the transmission for the modified friction materials.

What's I've done so far:

Ordered:
CP-E Intercooler
CP-E cat less DP
CP-E hot side charge pipe
Magnaflow 2.5" catback
SCT X4 from Torrie
Green filter from green filter USA

What's been installed:

CP-E intercooler and green filter (Stock tuned still)

I've reached out to pumaspeed to get them to sponsor me their x37 turbo as I wanted to experiment with it to see how far I could push it, but he doesn't appear to have any interest so I'm probably going to roll with the new GEN 2 gtx2867r .86 a/r for best midrange and top end.

The parts above come in this week and get installed thursday and that's when I'll start tuning with Torrie using a modified 8psi waste gate settings on the k03 and e30 fuel. Assuming the trans holds the 400 wtq I'll move to the gtx2867 in the next month or so. If not I'll need to build the transmission first.

I'll update this post as the build progresses.

·
Administrator
12,917 Posts
Picked up this little guy about 2 weeks ago. Traded out my 950 hp 16 GT to build something more sleeperish. Got a 2016 fusion titanium with 33k miles for $16,500.

What are my goals? For now, about 445 whp on e30 fuel. Maybe 500+ later on, but before touching the motor I want to see how the trans holds up and already have a good idea on what I need to do to beef it up with includes sourcing wider gears and clutches from the 6f55 transmission and having torrie tune the transmission for the modified friction materials.

What's I've done so far:

Ordered:
CP-E Intercooler
CP-E cat less DP
CP-E hot side charge pipe
Magnaflow 2.5" catback
SCT X4 from Torrie
Green filter from green filter USA

What's been installed:

CP-E intercooler and green filter (Stock tuned still)

I've reached out to pumaspeed to get them to sponsor me their x37 turbo as I wanted to experiment with it to see how far I could push it, but he doesn't appear to have any interest so I'm probably going to roll with the new GEN 2 gtx2867r .86 a/r for best midrange and top end.

The parts above come in this week and get installed thursday and that's when I'll start tuning with Torrie using a modified 8psi waste gate settings on the k03 and e30 fuel. Assuming the trans holds the 400 wtq I'll move to the gtx2867 in the next month or so. If not I'll need to build the transmission first.

I'll update this post as the build progresses.

Awwww Yisssss!!

I like where this is going. Im subbin'

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DP, charge pipes and maganflow exhaust and spark plugs and tune all went on today. also cut out the lower grill. Tuning with Torrie now on 93, then E30, my wheels/drag radials come in tomorrow and then getting it to the track. Then gtx2867 gen 2 and 2 port aux fuel in the next 40 days.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice, is it worth getting tuned now and then again in 2 months?

I envy the speed at which you mod. There is no messing around with you is there haha.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This is relevant to my interests.

Sent from a new potato

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Next mod is gtx2867r gen 2 and 2 port aux fuel + remote dyno tune from Torrie.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*******************UPDATE*******************

About 10 days ago Tony @Pumaspeed decided to help me out with an X37 to test and see how hard I can push it. I promised him I'd push it as hard as I could 28.5 lbs of boost and e50+ fuel. So it looks like my stock turbo from my old focus st is arriving today at pumaspeed and he told me if it comes in early enough he will ship my X37 out to me with the turbosmart 17psi wastegate. I'll probably be using stratified 2 port aux fuel, but still reviewing my options. I'm also considering bolting on the 2.3 Throttlebody, however I'm not sure if it's worth the $130 for the PnP kit. Anyone see gains from the 2.3 63mm Throttle body?

*******************UPDATE*******************

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did some research, and talked to some of the tuners. However I found no data backed up information that the 2.3 TB would increase hp. You might feel slightly better throttle respond but that's about it.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did some research, and talked to some of the tuners. However I found no data backed up information that the 2.3 TB would increase hp. You might feel slightly better throttle respond but that's about it.
yup, did the same research and that's why I ordered the 2 port aux fuel for 2.0 vs the 2.3 TB. After talking with Alex he advised against it so Turbo gets here Monday and aux fuel gets here this week as well. I'm considering ordering the "Fuel it" bluetooth content analyzer too atm. Boomba bov has also been ordered I don't think the stock bpv will take the abuse of 28.5 psi.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pumaspeed turbo came in today, @[email protected] is shipping aux fuel this week, and @EdgeAutosport.com shipped the boomba BOV and fuel it shipped out the flex fuel sensor w/fittings and bluetooth. Working with @tmcphail for tuning atm.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe I missed it. Is this an awd or a fwd fusion?
FWD with drag radials.

Free window tint today. My friend owed me a favor.

·
Vendor
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So will you be going GTX2867r Gen II once you have maxed out the Pumaspeed unit?
Depends on how the x37 works out. Literally can't beat the instant power hit the stock frame offers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts