Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member on our local Facebook group has had these on his car for about 3 months. I just installed them, and am delighted (pun intended) at the results! Turning the fogs on starts them on the white setting. Cycling them off and then on again turns the yellow LED on. Cycling again goes back to white, and so forth... The bulbs themselves are difficult to get into the housing because the base tabs are a bit thicker than oem. But after some swearing, stopping to drink a beer, more cussing, another beer, and then finally success. I'll report back later if there are any problems or premature burn out...

$30 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAJFKNJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics on my car:

Reactions: STinMO

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do some night shots later. But they do have the same appearance in the stock photo I attached. Same color spectrum. I would say their capability for throwing the light far down the road is somewhat LESS than the OEM bulbs, but I plan on using these for more of a DRL.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Will do some night shots later. But they do have the same appearance in the stock photo I attached. Same color spectrum. I would say their capability for throwing the light far down the road is somewhat LESS than the OEM bulbs, but I plan on using these for more of a DRL.
Completely agree with you using those as DRLs only.

That light output is absolutely abysmal and far less than the stock incandescent fog light bulbs. :( Hopefully no one here buys these bulbs expecting to have better performance than stock.

Have you looked at the Diode Dynamics XM-L2 bulbs? I purchased the yellow ones for my car and am incredibly pleased with the lumens, distance, and build quality. Of course, in dusk or dawn I can run the fog lights as DRLs too and leave the HIDs off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completely agree with you using those as DRLs only.

That light output is absolutely abysmal and far less than the stock incandescent fog light bulbs. :( Hopefully no one here buys these bulbs expecting to have better performance than stock.

Have you looked at the Diode Dynamics XM-L2 bulbs? I purchased the yellow ones for my car and am incredibly pleased with the lumens, distance, and build quality. Of course, in dusk or dawn I can run the fog lights as DRLs too and leave the HIDs off.
I did look into those, but I was swayed by the option to easily switch between yellow and white. I was willing to give up fog light projection distance (which is minimal anyway, since the housing is not a true driving light) in order to have something that can serve as a DRL (no DRL on the 13/14 style ST1/2) and allow me to toggle between the colors. If one is actually looking for more light output to throw down the road, they will have to consider changing out the fog housing to a true driving light that is designed for that purpose. A bulb change in a fog housing simply isn't going to accomplish much for distance.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Long Term Update!

Been using these for over a year on a daily basis as a DRL and at night. They still work great and no errors.

They switch easily between white and yellow every time you turn the fogs on, off, and on again.

Looks like my picture link is dead, so here they are again:

Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have some yellow bulbs on my 13’ and love them and the output!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts