Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly got a Focus St3 2015 used. Realized that my coolant was a bit low so i went to a ford dealership to get the exact same coolant. Looking from the manual it should be the orange coolant which is supposed to be use in my car.
Thats what i asked the guy. He told me that they dont do it anymore and are now doing a yellow one that is supposed to replace this one and that can be mix with it without consequences.

Heres the one he told me to get : https://www.motorcraft.com/us/en_us.../yellow-concentrated-antifreeze-coolants.html

Looking on motorcraft website it seems like they still have orange one. ANyone used that yellow one before and mixed it with the orange one. Just wanna make sure it aint gonna do some weird reaction, cause i cant seem to find a place where it says its a legit mix and i dont want to **** up my coolant.

Thank you in advance
Max

·
Registered
2,700 Posts

·
Administrator
12,675 Posts
I just use prestone premix 50/50. I've drained and filled my system a few times at this point though, no issues have reared up yet.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,596 Posts
I just use prestone premix 50/50. I've drained and filled my system a few times at this point though, no issues have reared up yet.
X2

Just filled the f150 ecoboost with dexcool.
A while back i looked up Prestone's website, the patent number for dexcool is the same as ford orange. Plenty of people online say they're the same but I had to reach really far to actually confirm they are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the end i ended up mixing that Yellow one (which is NOT Gold one) and that is supposed to nice for mixing and replacing the orange one.
Did about 500km since i changed it and everything seems fine so far. My oil temp gaugewas showing be the normal temp for when my car was running.

Will try and update the thing if anything happens in the futur.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
640 Posts
i as well have been using Prestone 50/50 no issues what so ever. How ever I did get a very interesting experience as a young adult in my SRT8 mixing Prestone with the Mopar coolant rusted out all my coolant lines and caused the stuff to boil when the car was off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newly got a Focus St3 2015 used. Realized that my coolant was a bit low so i went to a ford dealership to get the exact same coolant. Looking from the manual it should be the orange coolant which is supposed to be use in my car.
Thats what i asked the guy. He told me that they dont do it anymore and are now doing a yellow one that is supposed to replace this one and that can be mix with it without consequences.

Heres the one he told me to get : https://www.motorcraft.com/us/en_us.../yellow-concentrated-antifreeze-coolants.html

Looking on motorcraft website it seems like they still have orange one. ANyone used that yellow one before and mixed it with the orange one. Just wanna make sure it aint gonna do some weird reaction, cause i cant seem to find a place where it says its a legit mix and i dont want to **** up my coolant.

Thank you in advance
Max
Hey man I work at Ford and Ford put out a TSB saying that the orange coolant has a tendency to gel up in the engine and cause issues, so they actually switched the coolant to a yellow one. There's a difference between yellow and gold, the gold is for older cars from ford and Lincoln and the new yellow one is for any car with the orange coolant

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I just picked up some Peak OE NA orange..wish i knew that the motorcraft orange was having issues or i just wouldve bought a couple gallons of the new yellow and flushed it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ive been following this guy for years. One of the best ford mechanics you will ever see.
Yeah, he seems like the real deal. He's pretty local to me too so if my ST ever ****s the bed, I'd trust him with it well before any dealership service center.

·
Super Moderator
10,082 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
good for making snow cones!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ended up booking an appointment with that dude in the coolant video (BSG Automotive) for a coolant flush. Guy did a super thorough job, flushed it 4 times, gave it a test drive with the computer hooked up and made sure everything was solid before I left.

Yellow juice:

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Ended up booking an appointment with that dude in the coolant video (BSG Automotive) for a coolant flush.
He seems like a really sharp and likeable dude. I really like his videos.

Reactions: AK2112
1 - 20 of 26 Posts