Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just a thought, but is it possible that the spring rates are too soft for the dampers i.e. an over damping condition? Im not running the YCWs, but i noticed that when i swapped out the off the shelf 7k front and 10k rear springs to higher rates on both ends, the car rode substantially better (especially in the front where it felt like i was reaching the bump stops under heavy cornering). I know the FoST isnt the lightest car and even with the 7k fronts, the car still felt under sprung/over dampened until I made the switch.

·
Premium Member
13,959 Posts
So I've been playing some more playing with the dampener settings. Since these are opposite of all other coilovers were hard is normally clockwise and soft is counter clockwise I changed my adjustments. I went full clockwise then three clicks counter clockwise on all my dampeners. The ride feels much better for intown driving. Still firm but that's do to the springs. It doesn't feel as harsh anymore.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good to know.
I'm about ready to pull mine off and send in for service since on one damper I only have 3 clicks total, and on all the others only have 5 clicks.
I also believe that I need to look at tightening the top nuts, since I'm certain they were not done properly by YCW.
In fact, I just got rid of a new rattle in the back of my car that sounded like the hatch was not closed... turned out it was the driver side top had come loose...

YCW, do you note have the updates that you mentioned earlier?

-MW

CrashMW

·
Vendor
380 Posts
We don't tighten/torque down the centre bolt to spec during assembly as the camber joint can be reversed to increase/decrease camber adjustment. Torquing to spec is also the responsibility of the installer during installation.

That being said, we should have made this known/clearer with better instructions, and for that I do apologise. This is something we are working on.

With regards to the newer centre bolt/sleeve, yes, we have these available now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Can you PM me with your contact information?
I am ready to pull the suspension and send in. It has been getting louder lately, and I am pretty sure that it is due to improper setup by me. I would also very much like to get full range of damping adjustment.
BTW -Can you provide a procedure for properly torquing the top nut? I assume that I need to remove the coilover from the car?
And if that is the case, then adjusting the camber from the top is not really possible, right?

Thanks,
Mike

81 - 85 of 85 Posts