Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any pictures of xxr 527's on their focus st? I have a tuxedo black and I am looking at getting a set and curious as to what they look like

·
Registered
10 Posts
527s are a great value and definitely turn heads on the ST. That said, XXR isn't the best quality wise. Don't expect HRE or Enkei perfection. They are light, but there are small imperfections in the "chromium black" finish at least. I don't know how the bronze or flat black finishes look. You have to be inches away to see some orange peel and small contaminants in the paint. I got all 4 wheels with centering rings and new lug nuts for about $650 so I can't complain. I ordered everything from Next Level Motoring in Valencia, CA (nlmotoring.com).

I'm planning to powder coat mine in a few years when they get beat up. There's no rubbing even at full lock. I've also taken the car through some pretty bumpy and twisty canyons and have had no issues. My suspension is all stock though so I don't know if lowering causes problems with the offset and increased width.

The XXRs don't stick out at the top of the wheel-arches, but do come out about 3/4 of an inch from the lower bumpers/rocker panels.

I have stock tires currently. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, 235/40/18. The 235s look a tiny bit stretched on the 8.75 inch wide XXRs. I happen to like the look a lot, but I'm still going wider with 245/40 Pilot Sport 4s tires when the F1s wear out.

I replaced the wheels at about 1700 miles so I reused the factory tires and TPMS sensors. Removing the tires, moving the TPMS sensors, mounting, and balancing costed me $20/wheel - $80 total.

I was worried about needing an alignment with the wider stance, but haven't noticed any vibrations or strange wear patterns. I'm sure the car isn't completely perfect, but it tracks straight so I'm just going to get it aligned when it gets new tires (it's more likely to be free then anyways).

NOTE: There are 2 versions of the 527. One has +42mm of offset. This pulls the wheel into the car, leaving you with less stance. Another has +35mm of offset which pushes the wheels out. I have +35mm so I'm not sure about clearances on the +42mm wheels. Read carefully when ordering. I almost ordered +42mm by mistake.

XXR Cons:
1. They are drilled for 2 bolt patterns so you will have 5 empty holes and 5 actually being used.
2. The center caps are just plain ugly and make the already cheap wheels look even cheaper.
3. They carry the "Made in China" stigma that everyone rags on

XXR Pros:
1. They are lightweight
2. If you curb or bend one, they're cheap enough to replace without heartache.
3. The 527s are one of the few decent looking wheels for the ST's 5x108 bolt pattern

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hatchback

·
Registered
730 Posts
Love em. When they're clean they look great. My car just needs a little more low. I want coilovers to even it out a little bit. Maybe .50 in the front and .75 in the back idk, I'm not good with suspension stuff yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love em. When they're clean they look great. My car just needs a little more low. I want coilovers to even it out a little bit. Maybe .50 in the front and .75 in the back idk, I'm not good with suspension stuff yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What size tire and what springs do you have? Any rubbing?

They have them in single bolt pattern 5x108 18 for those like me that are still shopping around.

https://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-527D...ching=Y&sort=11&cat=1965&f-5x108=633&show=300

·
Registered
39 Posts
527s are a great value and definitely turn heads on the ST. That said, XXR isn't the best quality wise. Don't expect HRE or Enkei perfection. They are light, but there are small imperfections in the "chromium black" finish at least. I don't know how the bronze or flat black finishes look. You have to be inches away to see some orange peel and small contaminants in the paint. I got all 4 wheels with centering rings and new lug nuts for about $650 so I can't complain. I ordered everything from Next Level Motoring in Valencia, CA (nlmotoring.com).

I'm planning to powder coat mine in a few years when they get beat up. There's no rubbing even at full lock. I've also taken the car through some pretty bumpy and twisty canyons and have had no issues. My suspension is all stock though so I don't know if lowering causes problems with the offset and increased width.

The XXRs don't stick out at the top of the wheel-arches, but do come out about 3/4 of an inch from the lower bumpers/rocker panels.

I have stock tires currently. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, 235/40/18. The 235s look a tiny bit stretched on the 8.75 inch wide XXRs. I happen to like the look a lot, but I'm still going wider with 245/40 Pilot Sport 4s tires when the F1s wear out.

I replaced the wheels at about 1700 miles so I reused the factory tires and TPMS sensors. Removing the tires, moving the TPMS sensors, mounting, and balancing costed me $20/wheel - $80 total.

I was worried about needing an alignment with the wider stance, but haven't noticed any vibrations or strange wear patterns. I'm sure the car isn't completely perfect, but it tracks straight so I'm just going to get it aligned when it gets new tires (it's more likely to be free then anyways).

NOTE: There are 2 versions of the 527. One has +42mm of offset. This pulls the wheel into the car, leaving you with less stance. Another has +35mm of offset which pushes the wheels out. I have +35mm so I'm not sure about clearances on the +42mm wheels. Read carefully when ordering. I almost ordered +42mm by mistake.

XXR Cons:
1. They are drilled for 2 bolt patterns so you will have 5 empty holes and 5 actually being used.
2. The center caps are just plain ugly and make the already cheap wheels look even cheaper.
3. They carry the "Made in China" stigma that everyone rags on

XXR Pros:
1. They are lightweight
2. If you curb or bend one, they're cheap enough to replace without heartache.
3. The 527s are one of the few decent looking wheels for the ST's 5x108 bolt pattern

You mention these arent as great as ENKEI. Any ENKEI alternatives that are similar to this style?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts