Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the dust covers from rear shocks. I know it's a weird request. I just got koni yellow shocks and struts and I don't have my stock set up anymore and I can't find just the rear dust covers seperate.

* edit*

WTB rear shock assembely. Or low mileage stock suspension *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
I'm looking for the dust covers from rear shocks. I know it's a weird request. I just got koni yellow shocks and struts and I don't have my stock set up anymore and I can't find just the rear dust covers seperate.

I have a set of Koni yellows about to get installed soon and I figured I probably would skip the dust covers - but I have good condition OEM shocks anyway so I can transfer them over.
Did you buy an extra set of top mounts and drill out the center hole ahead of time (to accommodate the larger adjustable shaft of the Konis)?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered everything except the dust covers. I've been ripping my hair out tryna find them

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
I ordered everything except the dust covers. I've been ripping my hair out tryna find them

Pretty sure they are not sold separately (nor are the hard bump stops)

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
You might be able to find a stock set of shocks for sale cheap - I refreshed my 2013 with a really low mileage front and rear set from a 2017 ST for $200
In fact I paid more for the the rear set of Koni yellows than for an entire OEM setup with less than 10,000 miles on it (the Konis were new in box and I negotiated hard too)! 😂

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In fact I paid more for the the rear set of Koni yellows than for an entire OEM setup with less than 10,000 miles on it (the Konis were new in box and I negotiated hard too)!
Yeah, I work at a shop so I got them from turn for real cheap. Also grabbed '13 eibach prosports (reds).

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts
Check Amazon, eBay or any four wheel retailer for aftermarket replacement. Comes in a variety of colors. Trim it to fit, use bump stops to keep it in place so it won’t drop. Trim the bump stops too if they are too long.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check Amazon, eBay or any four wheel retailer for aftermarket replacement. Comes in a variety of colors.
Well. I just learned that I also need the rear bumps. So looks like I'm going to have to buy the whole year assembely just to throw the actual shocks out

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Well. I just learned that I also need the rear bumps. So looks like I'm going to have to buy the whole year assembely just to throw the actual shocks out

What are you taking off of the new ones you're buying? I may grab the leftovers to help you offset the cost some if I can use my OEM mounts and such.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are you taking off of the new ones you're buying? I may grab the leftovers to help you offset the cost some if I can use my OEM mounts and such.
Just need the rear dust covers and bump stops

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts

There are many more, this are just one of the choices.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So wait. Do the rear shocks have bumpstops under the dust boot? Or just the one that goes on the spring perch?

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts
So wait. Do the rear shocks have bumpstops under the dust boot? Or just the one that goes on the spring perch?

Yes.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts
Reactions: xafnyx
1 - 20 of 21 Posts