Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to this forum as well as my 2017 Focus ST2. The car already had an Accessport, Injen CAI, and a MBRP cat-back that rattles to all hell. I can't take it anymore and I'm not really trying to pay a grand for a brand new one soooo if anyone has one laying around or is planning on doing a swap anytime soon hit me up. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,072 Posts
Hello all. I am new to this forum as well as my 2017 Focus ST2. The car already had an Accessport, Injen CAI, and a MBRP cat-back that rattles to all hell. I can't take it anymore and I'm not really trying to pay a grand for a brand new one soooo if anyone has one laying around or is planning on doing a swap anytime soon hit me up. Thanks!
Have you got up under the car to find where it's rattling? Good chance you can fix it, may just need mounts adjusted.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I took it to a local muffler shop and of course it refused to rattle while I was there smh. They put it up on the lift and shook the crap out of it and it didn't make contact with anything. It was super frustrating. I did notice though that it was really tight where it goes over the rear axle on the driver's side. What could be done to fix this? Shorten the exhaust hanger to pull the pipe up away from the axle? That's my best guess.

I only plan on trying to get it fixed if I can't find a stock one in a reasonable amount of time. I'd even be willing to do a trade straight up if someone has a second car to drive while the exhausts are in transit or doesn't mind driving around without one for about a week lol. Someone on the east coast would be preferable to keep shipping time and cost down.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,971 Posts
You need to verify that it's not the internal wastegate rattling. It's been known to happen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where and when does it rattle? I have the same exhaust with a depo racing downpipe. It was rattling by the downpipe and I thought it was because it didn't use that additional factory downpipe bracket. I had the car in for the state inspection and they told me the connection from the downpipe to the exhaust was really loose. They tightened it and It's been good ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts