Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy someone's OBDLink Bluetooth reader. I want to finally get rid of the stupid headlight error from having HIDs on my ST1, but also don't want to pay $80 for a new one just for one use. If anyone else got it just for that, and is looking to get rid of it, let me know.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Anyone. Bueller?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would do a little bit of searching to confirm, but I would guess it will work. The OBDLink and other big name adapters are the best no doubt, and provide the best sample rates when datalogging. But for simple code checking, clearing etc... speed is not really important and you can still check a few PIDs/params if needed. Probably a good thing to have around in general for maintenance. I have a OBDLink MX but only because use it for OBD logging on the track.

I will end with that I'm not really smart on the whole headlight error thing and there may be a reason that the MX is required in particular-- but I'm not aware of it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would do a little bit of searching to confirm, but I would guess it will work. The OBDLink and other big name adapters are the best no doubt, and provide the best sample rates when datalogging. But for simple code checking, clearing etc... speed is not really important and you can still check a few PIDs/params if needed. Probably a good thing to have around in general for maintenance. I have a OBDLink MX but only because use it for OBD logging on the track.

I will end with that I'm not really smart on the whole headlight error thing and there may be a reason that the MX is required in particular-- but I'm not aware of it.
I'll be using it to write to the BCM, and apparently need a high speed adapter. I'll probably just end up buying the OBDLink MX so I'm sure I can get it done right. As far as reading codes and stuff, the Accessport takes care of that. Which is why I wanted to pick this up second hand since I'll only be using it once.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Gotcha, I'm tracking now. Yeah, getting the MX may be worth the peace of mind for something like actually writing to the BCM or other module.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well asking in the focccus thread, the one you suggested was confirmed to work. Ordered it. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mods this can be closed. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts