Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for one part of a MBRP catback system that includes that resonator. Don't really care about the condition as it is under the car and out of sight. I have included a picture, it would be the part in the middle of the picture with the resonator attached.

Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Pipe Muffler

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I am looking for one part of a MBRP catback system that includes that resonator. Don't really care about the condition as it is under the car and out of sight. I have included a picture, it would be the part in the middle of the picture with the resonator attached.

View attachment 302818
I would guess that the only way you'll find this is if you find someone who has a different muffler installed in that location. That might be tricky! MBRP doesn't sell the midpipe separately in pieces, but perhaps you could contact them directly and ask if you can't find a used one?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=302818&stc=1&d=1515622340"]
[/iurl]
I would guess that the only way you'll find this is if you find someone who has a different muffler installed in that location. That might be tricky! MBRP doesn't sell the midpipe separately in pieces, but perhaps you could contact them directly and ask if you can't find a used one?
It's actually the resonator that I need. the muffler is all the way to the far right in the picture. I need the piece in the middle And I did find a vendor that will sell me just that piece that they can order through mbrp the problem is it's quite pricey and I'd like to just get that piece use from somebody who either had their exhaust fall apart or change out their exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
It's actually the resonator that I need. the muffler is all the way to the far right in the picture. I need the piece in the middle And I did find a vendor that will sell me just that piece that they can order through mbrp the problem is it's quite pricey and I'd like to just get that piece use from somebody who either had their exhaust fall apart or change out their exhaust.
You must have misunderstood what I was saying :p I wasn't pointing out the muffler, I was saying you would have to find someone who has replaced the MBRP resonator with another muffler of a different brand or something :) I know which piece you meant haha, however they are both resonators on the MBRP system technically, neither of them are considered "mufflers"

It's definitely been done since a few people have bought he MBRP exhaust then they replaced the rear resonator with a Magnaflow performance muffler...you just gotta have one of them find this thread!

Edit: If I see anyone who swapped it out I'll tag them here or have them PM you!

·
Premium Member
13,979 Posts
You must have misunderstood what I was saying I wasn't pointing out the muffler, I was saying you would have to find someone who has replaced the MBRP resonator with another muffler of a different brand or something :) I know which piece you meant haha, however they are both resonators on the MBRP system technically, neither of them are considered "mufflers"

It's definitely been done since a few people have bought he MBRP exhaust then they replaced the rear resonator with a Magnaflow performance muffler...you just gotta have one of them find this thread!

Edit: If I see anyone who swapped it out I'll tag them here or have them PM you!
MBRP calls the larger one a muffler. I use to run that exhaust.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
MBRP calls the larger one a muffler. I use to run that exhaust.

Sent from another galaxy.
Odd. Mine listed both as resonators...I stand corrected lol. Unless this is technically different than my S4200409 system. Oh well, sounds awesome :lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the larger one behind the DP is the muffler. I bought a MBRP 409 catback RS system over black friday because the kid bought a new rear Zetec S diffuser to dual out the pipes. Thought it would be an easy custom exhaust switch because the RS is dualed piped. There have been some challenges, exhaust cutouts on the zetec S rear diffuser are not the same distance apart as the RS cutouts, different routing of the exact exhaust piping but they have been over come.

Issue now is that the RS exhaust systems resonator sits above the rear Muffler which is underneath the back hatch of the car. The problem is is RS doesn't have a spare tire so there's plenty of room to fit that resonator in the back on top of the muffler. I didn't know that the RS had no spare prior to buying exhaust system.

So now I'm looking at having to cap off that resonator on the cat back system in add a new one somewhere for the muffler. That's why I'm looking for this resonator.

Just hope adding this resonate in a different location doesn't change the frequencies that the resonator deletes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
** update ** apparently Summit Racing will and can order certain prices of exhaust through MBRP. You just have to get the part number from MBRP. I got what I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts