Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to say my turbo went out today. Looking to purchase a used OEM turbo to swap it out. Please let me know what you have and an asking price. Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sad to say my turbo went out today. Looking to purchase a used OEM turbo to swap it out. Please let me know what you have and an asking price. Thanks!
I've got one I just pulled off my car last weekend for a big turbo. Has 125k miles so it is on the high side but I never had a problem with it.

I also have a 50k mile turbo that needs cleaning. It came off the engine that's in the car and I just kept it as a spare. I can't confirm that it works but I assume it works as well as the engine does.

I can do $100 plus shipping.

Let me know if you want pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
If you’re interested I have a Garrett powermax that I will sell you for 750+ shipping

It’s 100% brand new and completely drop in. Just requires a custom tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you’re interested I have a Garrett powermax that I will sell you for 750+ shipping

It’s 100% brand new and completely drop in. Just requires a custom tune.
Possibly interested in this! Pardon my ignorance and I’m sure it varies but do you know what a tune typically costs?

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Possibly interested in this! Pardon my ignorance and I’m sure it varies but do you know what a tune typically costs?
Completely honest with you:

$200-300 for the tune
$400-500 for a tuning device
$750 for the turbo

It would be a better option if you were running a stock turbo tune already and would be looking to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got one I just pulled off my car last weekend for a big turbo. Has 125k miles so it is on the high side but I never had a problem with it.

I also have a 50k mile turbo that needs cleaning. It came off the engine that's in the car and I just kept it as a spare. I can't confirm that it works but I assume it works as well as the engine does.

I can do $100 plus shipping.

Let me know if you want pictures.
I appreciate the offer but I’m looking for one with ~60k or less. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Curious - what mileage is on your turbo when it failed ? And what was the failure/symptoms?

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts

Just helping

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts

Just helping
That's the same one offered to O.P. in post #3 of this thread. (Only in post #3 it's a bit better deal).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Ive got an oem turbo with around 27k miles on it i can sell and ship. $150 shipped and pp fees covered in that price, within lower 48 states

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
That's the same one offered to O.P. in post #3 of this thread. (Only in post #3 it's a bit better deal).
Yes it was... I noticed the price drop in this thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive got an oem turbo with around 27k miles on it i can sell and ship. $150 shipped and pp fees covered in that price, within lower 48 states
I’ll take it! I didn’t get a notification from this comment but if you still have it I’ll happily purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Curious - what mileage is on your turbo when it failed ? And what was the failure/symptoms?
76k, it started making a siren type sound that I thought was a boost leak but I didn’t really notice a change in torque. It progressively got louder and then just lost all boost on the way home from work one day.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
@Orion_Complex OE turbo. 😆
Mammal Font Microphone Cap Wrinkle

I'm in the same boat as you tho. I'm grabbing an OE turbo from one of the local dudes that went big turbo at 25k

Reactions: Orion_Complex

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
76k, it started making a siren type sound that I thought was a boost leak but I didn’t really notice a change in torque. It progressively got louder and then just lost all boost on the way home from work one day.
Interesting - I'm on 125k on original turbo, so I guess I need to keep my ear out for a siren sound......... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
😂

how many miles were on yours? Did you deal with the dreaded woowoos?
86k and I don't have any woo woos but my wategate sounds like a chainsaw on metal at this point.
It's the wastegate shaft that comes through the hotside housing that has worn.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
I have an oem turbo I can sell you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts