Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I DESPERATELY need one, just one:
F7RZ-4221-AC diff bearing.
Ford, nor any parts vendors, have any as they have not been manufactured since before the pandemic.
My transmission is out sitting on the work bench ready for re-assembly. I was sent the bearings for an automatic. The car is my daily driver and I’m going to need to resort to a rental if I can’t get another bearing. Lakeland Ford had one on EBay which I bought. There is also a kit, with seals, links, bearings, new bolts for about $150. Vendors that sell the Quaife usually have those but they are gone as well. I’ll pay extra and buy the kit if there are any available. I APPARENTLY can get a bearing in about 2 weeks and can replace it if anyone has the kit sitting on a shelf awaiting the time to do the diff swap job.
Thanks,
Frank in Apex, NC

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Here we go, I feel your pain.
Is it the SKF bearing? I ordered mine from a vendor in EU and it got shipped from France to my doorstep in 3 days.
It was OEM and I paid around $60 USD.
You can go through my build thread you will find some useful info.

and I think if you don't care and just want a bearign which is same size and dimensions. I think this is what you are looking for.
I came across this months later and I wondered if I could have simply bought this.

Reactions: STallion18

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Hey I have a whole ton of parts for installing a diff, including bearings, axle seals and ring gear bolts. I've been looking to get rid of them for a while, I will message you and we can arrange a deal.

I live in MA, but i'll cut you a deal on the parts you can do overnight shipping or something and have them in like 2 days.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I have a whole ton of parts for installing a diff, including bearings, axle seals and ring gear bolts. I've been looking to get rid of them for a while, I will message you and we can arrange a deal.

I live in MA, but i'll cut you a deal on the parts you can do overnight shipping or something and have them in like 2 days.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s funny. I tried to buy that from Mountune and they had sold the last one previous day. Another responder has less than the whole kit as I only need bearings. Please standby. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI - I had the admins change my user ID to “yonk”
It’s a long story, but involves a divorce.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
It’s funny. I tried to buy that from Mountune and they had sold the last one previous day. Another responder has less than the whole kit as I only need bearings. Please standby. Thanks!
my bad prob got that.... jw What LSD you got?.... Contact Mountune, and see if they will sell just the bearing you need!?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my bad prob got that.... jw What LSD you got?.... Contact Mountune, and see if they will sell just the bearing you need!?
Quaife. They didn’t have just the bearings either. Everyone sells just the kits as you need all the rest anyway, except for the overpriced thread sealer and gasket goo you can get anywhere.
thanks!

Reactions: Joe R red14st2

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! All done except for the new cold air intake and piping, charge piping, and new intercooler. Basically just plumbing!
Cheers,
Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts