Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a set of Coilovers mostly for street use dont need anything track. Want to lower the car and maybe damping control. I live in Madison, Wi please let me know what you have, dont have a huge budget.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you just want to lower vogtland's are around $700. Ride quality might not be the best, and they might rust in WI

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking for under a grand, not a budget thing just cant seem to wrap my head spending so much on suspension. Want a nice drop not slamming my car, driveway is to steep for that, is say looking to spend 600 to max 850. Used doesn't bother me.

·
Premium Member
13,920 Posts
looking for under a grand, not a budget thing just cant seem to wrap my head spending so much on suspension. Want a nice drop not slamming my car, driveway is to steep for that, is say looking to spend 600 to max 850. Used doesn't bother me.
Honestly cheap coilovers in that price range are usually not worth it. Safety becomes and issue. Maybe look at the Mountune Clubsport kit instead. Not coilovers but gives you a nice drop.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly cheap coilovers in that price range are usually not worth it. Safety becomes and issue. Maybe look at the Mountune Clubsport kit instead. Not coilovers but gives you a nice drop.

I honestly dont know much about coilovers and everytime i do research i get confused to be honest. I want coilovers cause this will be my DD and want to be able to easily drop and raise my car for winter and summer.

·
Premium Member
13,920 Posts
Most coilovers for this car can't go back to factory height. The MFactory can. They are more than you want to spend. However I don't think you will have to many issues with the ride height the Mountune will give you even in the winter. Most likely your issue will be traction and not ride height.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts