Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very very nice!! Score! Well done my good man! I was gonna yank mine completely off the back, but you may have just changed my mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also contemplated removing them but I'm happy I didn't. I think the rear would look to plain without it. The focus emblem on the other hand I still might remove.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I slapped a small piece of vinyl over the emblem, used my nail to push it into the edges and used a xacto knife to trim. I had extra vinyl laying around so I put it to good use. :)
that exactly what I did, I had some extra CF vinyl laying around from wrapping my tool box. since the front emblem rest on a black back ground, I though it would be a little more subtle. for the back emblem, I wanted a white one to match the paint it was on. for that I ordered a painted metal emblem off ebay. after swapping the rear out, I then added the CF to it and stuck it on my took box for now. honestly, the white emblem is a little smaller and I may put the OEM one with CF back on and stick the painted one on my tool box. then again, I may try to redo the original emblem in white vinyl before swapping them out.

IMG_20170413_184100.jpg
IMG_20170413_184106.jpg
IMG_20170413_184119.jpg
IMG_20170413_184206.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that exactly what I did, I had some extra CF vinyl laying around from wrapping my tool box. since the front emblem rest on a black back ground, I though it would be a little more subtle. for the back emblem, I wanted a white one to match the paint it was on. for that I ordered a painted metal emblem off ebay. after swapping the rear out, I then added the CF to it and stuck it on my took box for now. honestly, the white emblem is a little smaller and I may put the OEM one with CF back on and stick the painted one on my tool box. then again, I may try to redo the original emblem in white vinyl before swapping them out.

View attachment 231745
View attachment 231753
View attachment 231761
View attachment 231769
The tool box looks great lol ;) I like the white emblem!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The tool box looks great lol ;) I like the white emblem!
thank you, I ordered the white emblem because a whole new (metal) emblem already painted was 1/4 the price of precut badge stickers... as for the toolbox, I just bough a large Harbor Freight cheapy and since they only come in red and I hate red tool boxes, I just bought some cheap rolls of a dark brushed stainless textured vinyl and a matte textured carbon fiber vinyl and a little pin striping (along with a few decals from ebay as well) and wrapped the whole box... as an added benefit, it also protects the paint under the vinyl.

20160826_195343.jpg
20160826_195358.jpg
20160915_185953.jpg
20160915_190003.jpg
IMG_20160904_134340.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you, I ordered the white emblem because a whole new (metal) emblem already painted was 1/4 the price of precut badge stickers... as for the toolbox, I just bough a large Harbor Freight cheapy and since they only come in red and I hate red tool boxes, I just bought some cheap rolls of a dark brushed stainless textured vinyl and a matte textured carbon fiber vinyl and a little pin striping (along with a few decals from ebay as well) and wrapped the whole box... as an added benefit, it also protects the paint under the vinyl.
Great idea! Better than spending 5 or 6 grand on a name brand box smaller in size lol.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
exactly, as an example, my guy that bought the green SnapOn behind mine in one of the pictures spent $3600 for his box. my two sections together cost less than $600... now I'm not going to tell you that they are equal in quality, as the SnapOn box is a little thicker steel in some places, the paint is a lot thicker/tougher, and the slides are a little better, but its not $3k better!

my last 26" craftsman lasted me the past 16 years at my job, so I'll be happy if the HF special last me half that long.

one of my friends bough four of the larger section of my box(44") about 8ish years ago that we used to build into a workbench in his barn and they get the piss beat out of them and none of them have had a problem yet so I think it was a good buy, also I dont have to worry about babying my toolbox and worrying about the custom paint getting scratched, if my box gets scratched, I'll pull the vinyl off and redo that section for a few bucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts