Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 st3 1300 miles and downshifted today from 5th to third to give it gas and a thump.

Anyone know if the focus rs mount is better?

Or can I upgrade under warranty?

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
I have a 16 st3 1300 miles and downshifted today from 5th to third to give it gas and a thump.

Anyone know if the focus rs mount is better?

Or can I upgrade under warranty?
Best bet is the buy an aftermarket mount plenty to choose from. I have the cp-e mount and love it.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Jbr mts all around. No thunk ever. And my car gets driven hard and makes 360 plus torque.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I bought the Mountune mount, but haven't had a chance to put it on yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My main concern is warranty. Ford will blame the mount. But ford doesn't understand less engine movement less issues.

I'm going to do research and make a wise decision based on reviews and my end goal

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
My main concern is warranty. Ford will blame the mount. But ford doesn't understand less engine movement less issues.

I'm going to do research and make a wise decision based on reviews and my end goal
I don't think I've seen a case of warranty work being denied because of a motor mount.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
Ok here's the issue. I had this discussion when I worked at ford and nobody could give me an answer if mountune is under ford factory warranty.
Ford Racing warranty. Reduces your warranty from 5yr/60k to 3yr/36k if that part is the reason for the issue. Plenty of threads on this. They use to also limit the dollar amount. Not sure if this is still a thing.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
If warranty is is really important to you (and it sounds like its number one) maybe just leave teh whole car stock, enjoy it while you have it; sell it once you find something that's either better or same value thats happens to catch you're eye.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Doesn't the 16 already have the upgraded electric focus mount? If it does will a cp-e be that much better? I swapped my 13s mount for the electric one and can't believe how much nicer it is when launching or downshifting.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
Doesn't the 16 already have the upgraded electric focus mount? If it does will a cp-e be that much better? I swapped my 13s mount for the electric one and can't believe how much nicer it is when launching or downshifting.
The efocus mount is the standard mount now for the ST. It's still too soft for spirited driving. Either of the two cp-e mounts should be better. I don't have much experience with the stage 1 mount, but the stage 2 is nice. There is added NVH with the A/C on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.