Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Would i have any issues with this setup?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  yunghellenic 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
recently just purchased a turboback exhaust and a cold air intake along with the access port and rear motor mount from cobb. the question i have is if there is any issue with me having the cai and exhaust without an fmic. i was planning to purchase a stratified tune if that changes anything. i just dont know if temps will be an issue or not, slightly uninformed on that subject. thanks.

#4 ·
I'd get the Fmic and THEN get the tune..to take advantage of the cooler charge temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I’ll probably just get some funds together and grab the FMIC in the next month or two. Better for my car. In the mean time I’ll probably just run the CAI and the rmm on a stage one tune until I buy one. And the downpipe and cat back will have to wait for now

#6 ·
long story short, when you fill out the order form from Stratified, you will list all of the parts that you have. the tune they give you will be based off of what parts you have.

for what its worth,. the OEM FMIC is rubbish and sooner or later you will want to replace it. either replace it before you get your tune so that you will be able to get the most performance out of it you can, or get the tune for what you have and then after you get an FMIC then pay the $25 to have the tune adjusted.

#9 ·
What if I leave my downpipe out of the equation for the time being. Would I be able to run perhaps the stage 1 tune from Cobb or would it be better to leave the exhaust out of the picture until I have the front mount? I just would really like to improve the acoustics of the vehicle.

#11 ·
Put on what you have now, and put on what you get wheneven you get it. The only thing that matters is that don't run a tune for something you don't have. For example if you have a filter/intake and a full turbo back exhaust but no FMIC. then you only run a stage 1 tune for the fuel you will be using, do not run a stage 2 or 3 tune until after you have the FMIC (FMIC is what makes a stage 2 tune what it is)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Heat soak, depending on where you live, may only happen under high RPM conditions. Right now we're in boost weather so it is a better environment for turbo cars. Have all the parts on the car and enjoy them and save up for an FMIC. Buy one from stratified and you get a free flash tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.