Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a slight rattle coming from what appears to be the general vicinity of the turbo. I can only hear it when I'm cruising on the highway and get under slight boost (1/4 of the boost gauge). I'm a little concerned because of the location of where its coming from as it doesn't appear to be from inside the car... anyone else experience this? I dont think this is normal as I've had my car for a couple of years now and just started hearing it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still on the stock downpipe. The car is a 2015 that I bought in august of that year. The only thing worth mentioning is that I recently installed a COBB intake tube, but I highly doubt that would have anything to do with this... I'm actually installing the CPE RMM this weekend so I'll be under the car. Anything I should take a look at while I'm down there? Thanks for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm still on the stock downpipe. The car is a 2015 that I bought in august of that year. The only thing worth mentioning is that I recently installed a COBB intake tube, but I highly doubt that would have anything to do with this... I'm actually installing the CPE RMM this weekend so I'll be under the car. Anything I should take a look at while I'm down there? Thanks for the replies.
Check the mount at the very bottom of the downpipe. Not the 2 pegs, but the mount that has a plate you take off and under the plate looks like there is a brillo pad. That mount is garbage and causes common rattle with aftermarket pipes or stock ones that break.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the mount at the very bottom of the downpipe. Not the 2 pegs, but the mount that has a plate you take off and under the plate looks like there is a brillo pad. That mount is garbage and causes common rattle with aftermarket pipes or stock ones that break.
People that have experienced those rattles...are they getting them under low and high boost conditions? Because I can only hear it under moderate boost which is a little strange. Maybe it just gets drowned out by the engine noise at high RPM's and just can't hear it...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
People that have experienced those rattles...are they getting them under low and high boost conditions? Because I can only hear it under moderate boost which is a little strange. Maybe it just gets drowned out by the engine noise at high RPM's and just can't hear it...
It depends. Prior to me getting a catback to mate to my aftermarket downpipe I would hear it when starting from a stop when the rpm would dip down like it was stalling...I'd hear a creaking sound from the two rubbing together. And then when I was launching and getting up to speed I heard it vibrating loudly the entire time until I got above 5k. SUPER ANNOYING. And caused false knock also. I'm sure it varies for everyone depending on how it impacts the mount, it could also NOT be the issue you're having..just a consideration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts