Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently purchased the snow performance stage 1 WMI kit which obviously means time for a new tune. Currently I am on stratified stage 3 93oct and love it but wanted yo get people's opinions/advice on a good company for a WMI tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I went with Freektune. I have a buddy that is doing a WMI tune from them right now. @Bradley

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well, when I had WMI it was awesome!! My setup was a GTX2867 and AEM WMI with Stratified Guardian Angel as my failsafe. I made 402whp. It was flawless. I have since moved to a GTX2971 and Stratified 4-port aux fuel setup. @[email protected] has been great and we have this thing dialed in! Now I just need a built motor so we can turn things up! LOL Good Luck!

Reactions: Spauldin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, when I had WMI it was awesome!! My setup was a GTX2867 and AEM WMI with Stratified Guardian Angel as my failsafe. I made 402whp. It was flawless. I have since moved to a GTX2971 and Stratified 4-port aux fuel setup. @[email protected] has been great and we have this thing dialed in! Now I just need a built motor so we can turn things up! LOL Good Luck!
Being that I'm still on stock turbo, should I invest in the guardian angel next or do you think I'll be ok?

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you are going with a WMI setup see what they have to offer as a failsafe. Aquamist, which is what my friend went with, has one built in. I think Coolingmist also does. AEM has an output in case of low fluid or pump issues, but doesn't measure flow or lack thereof. Even on my setup if there wasn't any flow the GA wouldn't have helped me. Now AEM does offer a flow meter failsafe, but that is extra. The GA will do just as the name implies...it will protect your engine in the event of a wastegate issue or WMI failure. You can find them in the forums for sale cheap. I'd say do it. What's $200 if it saves you $4,000 on a new engine!! LOL

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are going with a WMI setup see what they have to offer as a failsafe. Aquamist, which is what my friend went with, has one built in. I think Coolingmist also does. AEM has an output in case of low fluid or pump issues, but doesn't measure flow or lack thereof. Even on my setup if there wasn't any flow the GA wouldn't have helped me. Now AEM does offer a flow meter failsafe, but that is extra. The GA will do just as the name implies...it will protect your engine in the event of a wastegate issue or WMI failure. You can find them in the forums for sale cheap. I'd say do it. What's $200 if it saves you $4,000 on a new engine!! LOL

Haha you ain't lying man, but I definitely will be letting you know if I have any more questions. I got the snow performance stage 1 kit and I don't think that comes with a fail safe or anything which kinda worried me

·
Registered
371 Posts
How do you like it

I am still waiting for the distributor in town to get his Methanol tank filled so I can start actually testing. Just primed my system last night and did a couple test pulls with the nozzle on the dash to make sure it was spraying. Now my Aquamist kit is very complicated and has a ton of fail safes built into it. If you are tuned and based off the WMI for power and something fails something could go very wrong with the motor. A simple kit like what you went with is great for cooling your charge temps and gaining alittle power. As for me I plan on using the kit to its full potential and using it to fuel my big turbo in the coming months.

If you have any questions @kewing is your guy to talk to, he is the only reason I even got my kit and helped greatly with my install.

Reactions: Pfiles

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a coolingmist setup and Freektune on stock turbo. Love the setup and tune. The power comes on smooth and pulls hard. With the bump in timing, the car doesn't fall off in the higher RPMs as much as regular stage 3 setup.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I PMd you! =] meth noob here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts