Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently purchased the snow performance stage 1 WMI kit which obviously means time for a new tune. Currently I am on stratified stage 3 93oct and love it but wanted yo get people's opinions/advice on a good company for a WMI tune

·
Registered
371 Posts
You do not have to have a tune, its cooling your charge temps and using as just that you do not need a tune. But getting it tuned you will get the most of out it and gain some tq and hp! About all tuners will know how to tune for WMI and get you pretty of good gains. I am tuned By Justin at Freektune! great price and I have been very happy!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not have to have a tune, its cooling your charge temps and using as just that you do not need a tune. But getting it tuned you will get the most of out it and gain some tq and hp! About all tuners will know how to tune for WMI and get you pretty of good gains. I am tuned By Justin at Freektune! great price and I have been very happy!
ok, i was under the impression that a tune was necessary, either way Im going to get the tune so that i can get the full benefit of it. I thought running the meth system without a tune could affect the AFR's and end up running too lean or rich

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it also depends on what size spray nozzle you have. It probably wouldn't make sense (and be a waste of money) to run a larger nozzle typically used for additional fueling if all you are looking to get out of your WMI kit is the cooling benefits and a little valve cleaning. But if you do wish to re-tune you will notice an obvious difference. I will disclose that I also have a big turbo, but with my setup the WMI adds at least another 40whp vs only running 93 octane. I also am Stratified tuned.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So I just recently purchased the snow performance stage 1 WMI kit which obviously means time for a new tune. Currently I am on stratified stage 3 93oct and love it but wanted yo get people's opinions/advice on a good company for a WMI tune
Justin's tuned a lot of WMI STs and has a lot of experience. I'm going with him when I go WMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
we used meth injection to break into the 500 hp range in 2015 and tuned a bunch of sts on meth.

for stock turbo a touch up tune may yield a little power but turbo is so close to maxed running 50/50 with a small nozzle will keep ign corrections in the + and cooler charge temps and cleaner valves.

let me know if there is anything I can do to help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.