Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FOCUS ST
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous to me purchasing my current car (2013 Focus ST) it had stage 1 Snow Performance WMI installed.
This was partially removed by the dealer, prior to the previous owner ( I am owner #3). I am about to replace the missing components and get it all running again, mainly for intake charge cooling and to keep the valves clean.
My question is this, will I get any performance gains by running this, even if I stay with stock tune?
Not a deal breaker, just curious.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You won't gain any power stock tune due to the use of torque targets. The engine will never make more than the pre-determined levels at any given load and rpm. It is good to run the wmi for the valve cleaning properties though, like you had mentioned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes and no.
basically you won’t get any extra hp on stock tune but you’ll maximize the stock tune as you’ll probably see less knock and negative ignition corrections therefore your ecu will add a little more timing

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
it should help keeping intake temps lower/more steady, that will help keep power from dipping due to heatsoak on back to back pulls or when driving hard

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
it should help keeping intake temps lower/more steady, that will help keep power from dipping due to heatsoak on back to back pulls or when driving hard
I mentioned in another thread, the iat2 sensor is part of the Map which is on the intercooler. Because you spray meth as close to the engine as possible, this drop in charge temp will not be read and accounted for by the PCM. So normal power losses will be had, assuming stock intercooler.

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Registered
2013 FOCUS ST
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Larger intercooler and cat back fitted. Mainly refitting for the valve cleaning, would be nice if it picked up a few HP though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts