Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Snow performance methanol injection kit with progressive controller i originally installed a #5 snow nozzle but when i tested spray at full it looked like alot spray, so used for a bit then changed over to the snow #3 nozzle 175 ml/min but at the same time purchased a Devils own number D03 Nozzle, are the Devils own Nozzles a better spray/atomising than the snow #3 nozzle, not tuned for meth on stock turbo just for a bit of cleaning and knock suppression, start spray at 8psi and full by 15psi, does anyone know if it would be better to put in the Devils own nozzle D03 or just leave the snow #3 nozzle as is, nozzle is spraying through throttle body spacer with Snow boost juice 50/50 mix Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does someone know if the Devils own D03 nozzle flows more that the Snow performance #3 nozzle? Is the mist finer smaller droplets between the two Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thanks

Would it be better to just leave the snow performance number 3 nozzle in there at 175 ml or switch over to the D03 devils own 370 ml, not tuned but for cleaning and knock suppression stage 3 tuned? Not sure if the 370 ml nozzle is needed just for cooling/cleaning/(knock?

Anyone have experience with the Devils own D03 nozzle?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Have you reached out to those who are using WMI for cleaning purposes?

I wonder what size nozzle they’re using, if they’ve validated it’s meeting their needs and if the nozzles they’re using are compatible with your Snow setup?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Thanks yeh i was hoping someone who has Wmi on stock turbo for cleaning cooling & knock suppression would comment on what nozzle i should be using, might just grab the nozzle of the car tomorrow and spray it in a bucket to see volume and spray mist size/pattern and then connect up the Devils own D03 nozzle and see the difference to the Snow number 3 nozzle, thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you're not tuned for WMI, running it will cause you to run rich easily and cost power. I suggest (take my crappy advice at your own risk) to stick with the smaller SP #3 nozzle for WMI.

Are you running a progressive controller? Play with at what PSI/Bar boost the WMI starts and when it maxes out. You should be able to tell when you're running rich by hesitation or black smoke/backfire. Back off from there.

Also, if you're not tuned and just using it for cleaning, back off the Meth %, depending on how cold it is where you are.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I believe Nick Baldwin is running a snow single injector kit with the 175 nozzle. And the ECU can adjust plus or minus 20% feel depending on your needs. So it would just pull fuel if it needs to because of you have meth.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Depends on the way it's dumped. If progressive and a small nozzle, ya, ECU can prob compensate. But if you're using a big nozzle and the WMI dumps in at 100% (non-progressive) at (say) 6 PSI, you're gonna bog bad.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Depends on the way it's dumped. If progressive and a small nozzle, ya, ECU can prob compensate. But if you're using a big nozzle and the WMI dumps in at 100% (non-progressive) at (say) 6 PSI, you're gonna bog bad.
I think his is progressive and I believe it starts at like 12 PSI I could be wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies, yep its on Snow progressive controller starting at 8 psi and full spray at 14psi spraying in throttle body spacer, i did check STFT and it would go to like negative - 18 or so for a short period when the meth was full spraying, ime using the Snow 50/50 mix, i suppose i better just leave the Snow number 3 nozzle in place at 175 mil as not tuning but it definetaly cools it down as i put a sensor probe on the hot side intercooler pipe and then another sensor in the symposer delete and when it full sprays it is a temp difference of 30-40c less, car doesnt bog down only if i purge the system and not at WOT it will backfire a little Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

Ended up changing the snow Check Valve and nozzle for the Devils Own Check Valve and nozzle holder and D03 nozzle spray pattern is a much better finer mist compared to the Snow nozzle but there is still a slight drip after spray, is it bad enough drip ro cause any issues? here is a video i have both a solenoid and check valve in place, trunk/boot mounted tank and pump up front under wheel arch and solenoid next to it and then the checkvalve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts