Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find info on steelies, can't seem to find what I'm looking for
Will a 16x6 et 42 clear the front brakes?
Ive seen 16x6.5 et42 seem to clear?
What size and offset are you guys running?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm trying to find info on steelies, can't seem to find what I'm looking for
Will a 16x6 et 42 clear the front brakes?
Ive seen 16x6.5 et42 seem to clear?
What size and offset are you guys running?

The rotors will probably fill up the entire space of the inside of the wheel, it won't hit will it? It would be REALLY tight

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's not going to be easy to find a 16 that would clear the brakes. I run the 17s from my old SE (sort of a 17" version of the ST snowflake, but flatter and black/machine finish) and there's not much room to spare at the front brakes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Take it from me, avoid steelies. Your exposed hub hats (or whatever they're called) will rust up over the winter and look awful. Better to spend the extra $100 on some inexpensive alloys.

Either way, use TireRack.com and set the model year to see what fits. In general, '13-'14 FoSTs can do 16" wheels. '15+ requires 17" minimum.

My '16 FoST takes a 17x7 or 17x7.5 wheel (5x108 bolt pattern as always)

This is another reason to go alloys, there are hardly any hubcaps which will fit a 17" steel wheel.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Take it from me, avoid steelies. Your exposed hub hats (or whatever they're called) will rust up over the winter and look awful. Better to spend the extra $100 on some inexpensive alloys.

Either way, use TireRack.com and set the model year to see what fits. In general, '13-'14 FoSTs can do 16" wheels. '15+ requires 17" minimum.

My '16 FoST takes a 17x7 or 17x7.5 wheel (5x108 bolt pattern as always)

This is another reason to go alloys, there are hardly any hubcaps which will fit a 17" steel wheel.
Good info here, but it's actually 14.5+ that need the bigger wheel. If you have a 14.5 manufactured ST or later, just save yourself the letdown and get 17".

·
Registered
228 Posts
Volvo wheels will fit and can be had on the cheap of you keep your eye out. Just another option if you're on a budget

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have an ST3 so it may have different calipers (not sure on that) but I got the 18" wheel option and have a set of 17" wheels for the winter and they just barely clear the calipers so I doubt a 16" would fit. The wheel weights clear the caliper by only about 5mm.

And diddo to @sleestak, I got the 17s off a volvo off craiglist for $300, they are aftermarket alloys with slightly used winter tires. SCORE!!

Reactions: sleestak

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have an ST3 so it may have different calipers (not sure on that)
there is no difference in caliper based off of trim package of the car. all brake set ups are exactly the same (aside from the optional powder coating) its a build time thing, midway through the 2014 production, they started putting larger brakes on all of the cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts