Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of winter wheels/tires for my 2015 ST. The only issue, is I can't find a definitive answer on what I specifically need in regards for the TPMS sensor re-learning procedure. Paying someone else to do this is out of the question, I'd rather just buy what I need to do it myself. I was looking at some fairly nice Autel tools, but they are only supported up to the 2014 model (according to the latest documentation). I've read through some various threads on this site, it appears the 2015+ vehicle procedure is different from earlier years.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You actually don't need the tool. Just follow the following instructions;

1: Inflate to recommended psi
2: Turn ignition to the on position without turning the engine on
3: Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "train left front tire" in the LCD display in between the speedo and tach.
4: Release air pressure in the front left until the horn honks and the LCD display will read "train right front tire"
5: Release air pressure in the front right until the horn honks.
6: Repeat on other tires
7: You will now see "Training Complete" on the screen
8: Fill the tires back up to the recommended pressure.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've never had to tell the car to swap over to the different set. It sometimes gives me an initial warning when its still trained on the summer sitting in the garage. Once its started up away from home its always moved to the winter set without the tool or any learning process.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
I've never had to tell the car to swap over to the different set. It sometimes gives me an initial warning when its still trained on the summer sitting in the garage. Once its started up away from home its always moved to the winter set without the tool or any learning process.
If you don't drive father for 30 miles it won't show an error. So if your parking in range of your summer tires it reads those.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you don't drive father for 30 miles it won't show an error. So if your parking in range of your summer tires it reads those.

Sent from another garage.
I think its about 20 miles from experience which I do drive further then. I've driven around without TPMS in a autocross set and had the persistent notification. Usually I get the notification after switching to winter set with TPMS but ignore it and within a few days and a few startups away from home its always sorted itself out. I've done 100 mile trips and never had it come on. I've also never taken it in to have the tires swapped I always do it in the garage.

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
I did my 2013 swap to winters and never needed a tool. Swapped to the winters every fall and back to the summers in he spring. I even went on multiple road trips on the winters and I never saw the warning pop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts