Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple questions for you guys. Getting my AP3 tomorrow going to use the OTS 93 tune for a bit. With summer and 90 degree heat plus 95%+ humidity just around the corner do I need to do anything different?
I have a 2016 ST2. Stock intercooler, with COBB Stage 1 parts. Is there an optimum charge air Temp? How much power loss is expected with summer temps?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Had a couple questions for you guys. Getting my AP3 tomorrow going to use the OTS 93 tune for a bit. With summer and 90 degree heat plus 95%+ humidity just around the corner do I need to do anything different?
I have a 2016 ST2. Stock intercooler, with COBB Stage 1 parts. Is there an optimum charge air Temp? How much power loss is expected with summer temps?
I'd upgrade the intercooler living in florida because 1- heat is the enemy 2- heat raises risk of damage and 3- after one pull my stock intercooler was heat soaked so bad the car made 30% less power on a second run...in Florida it's probably MUCH worse

Edit: Also 4- the stock one seriously does blow big ones...not just a bunch of mumbo jumbo when we preach it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Like brian said, you're definitely going to want to replace the sh1tty stock intercooler. Other than that it's just like any other modification, it all depends on what you want out of your car and what kind of driving conditions you are putting it through regularly. You're not going to be able to avoid some loss of power during the hot months, that's just the nature of a turbo car, but you can minimize it with a good FMIC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts