Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like I'm going to be relocating from Virginia beach to Minneapolis in a few weeks. I've definitely experienced winter driving while living at a ski resort in West Virginia while driving an old Camry almost 15 years ago, but that was mountain living a while back.

Any notes/suggestions in prepping my ride for the move? I've got a separate set of rims with all-seasons on them now. I've also got a '99 wrangler with a hard top that I'll be brining with me.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
All seasons will do good enough. I live in Chicago, and the winters can be pretty bad. Minnesota can get even more snow though. A winter tire for the second set will do better.
Just remember, Snow is not a desirable condition to hot-rod around town. Slow it down.
I have used all seasons year round and have been just fine. Chicago the seasons change infrequently, so having one set is better for me.
Good Luck.
Don't forget to buy a good snow brush!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to Minnesota! You should join the local Focus ST club. You can find us on Facebook under "MN Sts". In regards to your question I think you could probably get away with all season tires but you will find that most of us in the local Focus ST club swear by our winter tires. The additional performance and safety they provide is worth the money in my opinion. My family puts winter tires on all of their vehicles. If the weather forecasters are correct we're in for a particularly brutal winter this year. If it were me I would pull the trigger on some winter tires and have them installed on the extra set of wheels you have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With the amount of snow you'll see up there, I'd recommend winter tires. I've been using Blizzaks for forever and love them. I get around better than my parents do in an AWD CR-V on all seasons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts