Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a wing riser tomorrow and have been looking at my options the past few days and looking for some opinions of the ones that I have found on the internet. Or if you have either of these installed, would you recommend it to me?Seems like the boomba is the most popular but I'm just looking at the options here.

These are the ones in consideration:

http://www.boombaracing.com/focus-st-wing-risers/

http://www.velossatechdesign.com/product/2013-2015-focus-st-wing-lift-kit/

http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=963

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
They all do the same thing essentially, so it's preference. The only negative thing I've heard or seen on the forum was that a few people's Velossa Tech risers faded in color since they are plastic or whatever.

All three companies are great companies and I support both. Personally I'd recommend spending on the Boomba in this case, mine haven't faded or rusted in a few years living in PA with our winters which compare to Michigan's. If you wanna save money and get the Velossa Tech ones or JBR's (which I have no experience with at all) then by all means they are great companies.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Both of my friends did the DIY wing risers, but they are not aggressive enough for me. I purchased the Boomba ones a month or two after getting my car, love them and I always get compliments on them at car meets.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Both of my friends did the DIY wing risers, but they are not aggressive enough for me. I purchased the Boomba ones a month or two after getting my car, love them and I always get compliments on them at car meets.
2 ST owners at my autocross event I attended last year both complimented them because they have never seen the wing raised before and I told them both where I got them and they said they'd check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They all do the same thing essentially, so it's preference. The only negative thing I've heard or seen on the forum was that a few people's Velossa Tech risers faded in color since they are plastic or whatever.

All three companies are great companies and I support both. Personally I'd recommend spending on the Boomba in this case, mine haven't faded or rusted in a few years living in PA with our winters which compare to Michigan's. If you wanna save money and get the Velossa Tech ones or JBR's (which I have no experience with at all) then by all means they are great companies.
Do you have an idea if they are all the same raised height? JBR by looks has the tallest looking stature to it but that might just be me and the few pictures I've seen

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Do you have an idea if they are all the same raised height? JBR by looks has the tallest looking stature to it but that might just be me and the few pictures I've seen
I don't believe that they are any noticeable differences in the different models. However if it were higher than what mine is right now I wouldn't like it. Right now it looks perfect in my eyes, any higher and it starts to protrude above the top of the car in a manner that makes it look like what I would see as an airbrake on a plane lol. I am willing to bet that aren't taller though, just mount differently.

·
Registered
395 Posts
DIY risers

I think all the others raise it too much, I just don't like the look. Maxton wing extension is also pretty nice without risers.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't get any of them. They all look silly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep, DIY all the way IMO. I used 1" spacers and its perfect IMO. Hard to beat at less than $10 also.
Do you have a picture? Curious....never mind saw your album looks nice

·
Registered
214 Posts
+1

It looks like your wing is an aftermarket OEM imitation crash replacement part that doesn't fit the car right.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
+1

It looks like your wing is an aftermarket OEM imitation crash replacement part that doesn't fit the car right.
I believe OP has already decided he likes the look (hence starting the thread), so telling him it is ugly isn't really adding anything to the discussion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts