Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at Walmart looking at the book to find which rain x wipers I need and am only seeing regular focus.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
28OE, both sides. 28AOE also fits.

Copy/Paste from another thread on this forum I found by googling it. ^^^

Get Bosche Icons. Best imo.

Edit: @joshst85

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The rain x just says c-28. Wonder if that's the same.
I still think you should get the Icons. Incredible blades...you'll have them for probably 2 years so might as well spend the few extra $$ and get them. Either way keep the receipt and return them if they don't fit.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I'll stick with Trico blades. I can't stand the big mounting "wart" that you get with the Rain-X wipers.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hmm, Amazon was cheaper for me since I have Prime and free shipping.
I got prime too, but Amazon sells them for 15.93 (or 31.86 a pair). Rockauto got them for 23.36 plus ~$5 shipping (had no coupons for them). Ended up around $3 cheaper than Amazon, though I agree - not a significant difference at all.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I ordered mine today because of the brine on the roads and the fact that the wipers were streaking like crazy. Been like that the past 3 days. Car is garaged so the wipers are not exposed to ice. Anyway, after ordering and leaving work I decided to simply raise and slap the wipers down. It was 72 and sunny, not like they had snow on them. Good as new now :) That's OK...I replace the blades a few times a year anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Honestly the best blades for these cars are the OEM Motorcraft. I've broken two wipers on separate sets right at the I&L adapter, which is a weak point. One set was Bosch, one set was Rain-X. Every aftermarket blade is taller than the OEM because of the adapter, which pushes the wiper arm up more and messes with the compression on the blade. They also have spoilers that are centered on the blade, which is nice for putting the blades on either side, but don't work nearly as well at 70mph and cause a lot of chatter. The Motorcraft blades are different because the spoiler is on the correct side of the blade.

None of this may seem like a big deal, and I'm not usually prone to recommending OEM parts, but for blades OEM is the way to go.

And yes, they are the same on every trim of Focus. My wife has a '13 Titanium, and has the same blades. Interestingly, the air filter and oil filter are the same as well. So is the cabin air filter, though that's perhaps less surprising.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts