Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to fill the washer reservoir and the cap cracked into multiple piece. Has anyone experienced this.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Both of mine did this. They must have gone to the same supplier that VW got their heat-intolerant engine bay plastics from.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine too. I bought a generic cap from local part story, but it didn't fit. I figured another ford cap would just deteriorate. So I began experimenting with different caps from random bottles in the recycle bin. My favorite so far is the cap from "Simply Orange" orange juice. It just presses on and sticks. But I guess the dorman cap would be better...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered a new one from ebay. Doorman product. Wow Ford really went the cheap way.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Yeah I'd been running a cracked stock cap for the last ~2yrs.
Coworker just 3D-printed me a new one a few weeks ago tho; just gotta make sure not to drop it into the engine bay when I remove it 😓

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
Yeah I'd been running a cracked stock cap for the last ~2yrs.
Coworker just 3D-printed me a new one a few weeks ago tho; just gotta make sure not to drop it into the engine bay when I remove it 😓
You can drill a tiny-ish hole in the flip tab and attach a small cable or string then secure the other half to the feed nipple.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Was going to fill the washer reservoir and the cap cracked into multiple piece. Has anyone experienced this.
The mentos gum caps fit. Big thing in the ST community a few years ago everyone was putting them on there when they broke. I’ve had mine on there for two years now. Blue mentos gum container ripped the cap off and it pops right on! I left the mentos sticker on the lid too!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Mine only had the tab break off, so i just dremeled it smooth and then painted it to match the rest of the black plastic. Still works and i dont have any problem popping it open. Knock on wood the whole cap doesnt break in half because i like the way it turned out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts