Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a photo of the in-channel window deflectors? Rain season is coming soon and I like to get fresh air from outside. Plus having a dog in the car from time to time, I need to keep the windows cracked at all times. Another plus is that they will keep water from dripping over my door every time I use the windshield washer sprayers.

I like the weathertech window deflectors, but would like to see a photo of them installed before I purchase.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Anyone have a photo of the in-channel window deflectors? Rain season is coming soon and I like to get fresh air from outside. Plus having a dog in the car from time to time, I need to keep the windows cracked at all times. Another plus is that they will keep water from dripping over my door every time I use the windshield washer sprayers.

I like the weathertech window deflectors, but would like to see a photo of them installed before I purchase.

Thanks!
Rain season in Southern California? We're getting into fire season...

I thought yellowfocus had them installed.

Reactions: Ricky STeamboat

·
Registered
331 Posts
i found this online

focus delfector.jpg

·
Banned
246 Posts
We have the VentVisors on the Wife's Ti; first set I got were defective, but replacements are fine. I have a set of the WeatherTechs in my garage waiting for the ST to arrive. They're a lot more money, but much "cleaner" looking IMO

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've heard that in channel ruins Windows...
I hope that's not true...these are WeatherTechs. Yes I'm too cheap to get the rear set lol. I heard from one of the forum members that the WeatherTech rears don't even fit properly anyway.
The WeatherTechs are definitely the sweetest set. They are really low profile - meaning they don't protrude out from the widow much.
I'm very happy with them. No double stick adhesive. Just pop em in. Takes 3 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the weather tech visors, and the back windows do come with the double stick tape. Even though they are in channel. The front have no tape.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
is this so they fit the inside and do not drop or do they fit to the outside?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope that's not true...these are WeatherTechs. Yes I'm too cheap to get the rear set lol. I heard from one of the forum members that the WeatherTech rears don't even fit properly anyway.
The WeatherTechs are definitely the sweetest set. They are really low profile - meaning they don't protrude out from the widow much.
I'm very happy with them. No double stick adhesive. Just pop em in. Takes 3 minutes.
Did you have any issues with the windows sticking when you roll them up and down? I had a set of in-channel deflectors (not WeatherTech) on my F-150 and had to take them out because the windows got stuck repeatedly. My buddy had the same issue with his Tundra, but I'm not sure what brand his were.

I was thinking of getting the stick on ones for the new ST, but if the in channels work well, I may just go that route.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you have any issues with the windows sticking when you roll them up and down? I had a set of in-channel deflectors (not WeatherTech) on my F-150 and had to take them out because the windows got stuck repeatedly. My buddy had the same issue with his Tundra, but I'm not sure what brand his were. I was thinking of getting the stick on ones for the new ST, but if the in channels work well, I may just go that route.
Sorry for the delay. To answer your question, no I do not have any issues with the windows sticking.
Of course now that I said that, I can count on it happening in 3...2...

·
Registered
496 Posts
is this so they fit the inside and do not drop or do they fit to the outside?
They stick to the inside, but don't get the rear ones. I bought them and let them settle for 3 days and when I had the windows down a few days later going 30, they literally fell into the back seat. The front ones took a while to settle and work with the auto up feature but no issues since.

What to take from this?

Weathertech In-Channel reflectors
Front: Must have
Rear: waste of money and the pollution created in production is stupid

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What to take from this?

Weathertech In-Channel reflectors
Front: Must have
Rear: waste of money and the pollution created in production is stupid
Nice summary! Kind of what I was thinking. We are approaching cold season here, so I may put these off until spring (or someone has a good sale).

1 - 20 of 149 Posts