Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my engine light on for this code for a few months now and I took it to a shop and I was told that I may have a boost leak, after not being able to fix it I took it to a Ford Dealership where I was also told I have a boost leak and they want to replace the turbo and all the gaskets, after a needed new transmission costing me 4 grand and not wanting to pay the 2700 the dealership is asking, Im curious if I keep driving with this underboost code could it damage or hurt my car in the long run?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ive had my engine light on for this code for a few months now and I took it to a shop and I was told that I may have a boost leak, after not being able to fix it I took it to a Ford Dealership where I was also told I have a boost leak and they want to replace the turbo and all the gaskets, after a needed new transmission costing me 4 grand and not wanting to pay the 2700 the dealership is asking, Im curious if I keep driving with this underboost code could it damage or hurt my car in the long run?
See this recent thread:

Also, are you tuned? Stock? Modifications?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See this recent thread:

Also, are you tuned? Stock? Modifications?
Im on a factory tune with a cold air intake, exshaust system, catch-can and a upgraded turbo

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
184 Posts
Im on a factory tune with a cold air intake, exshaust system, catch-can and a upgraded turbo
Read this post.

You are getting an underboost code because the ECU is expecting a certain amount of boost in order to make the requested torque. You NEED a pro tune for your upgraded turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts