Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While doing the lighted rear reflector mod I decided to Wig wag my turn signals. All this does is cut power to the parking lights when the turn signal gets power, creating the Wig wag effect which is much more visible to other drivers.

I cut the factory parking light wires, connecting the car side to post 87a on my relays (1 per side), and the taillight side to post 30 along with the positive from my now lighted reflector (if you have that done already). I then t-tap into the turn signal wire and connect that to post 86, then connect a ground wire to post 85.

That's it, simple and easy, should take all of 30 minutes. The front Wig wags I will be doing at the fuse box as I have tested and everything is right there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Kind of a neat idea!

You didn't mention in your install explanation, but you should think about putting a coil suppression diode on your relays. You can burn out the outputs from the BCM otherwise. A standard Bosch 30A/40A relay will spike nearly 300V every time the coil is de-energized. It's extremely short duration but done enough over a period of time will break down the transistors in the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts