Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Looking to get new tires, and I am trying to get an idea of the widest I can go with no issue. I'm on coils, so I'm not concerned about rubbing the fenders, but I more so want to make sure I don't have any clearance issues with the coils.

Was thinking about going 255/40/18, but would like wider if it clears.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,196 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Looking to get new tires, and I am trying to get an idea of the widest I can go with no issue. I'm on coils, so I'm not concerned about rubbing the fenders, but I more so want to make sure I don't have any clearance issues with the coils.

Thanks in advance!!!
I understand you have coils...but I don't think that'll help you much if you don't have proper spacing. 255 is probably already too wide honestly and it would rub slightly at full lock. Other more adept users might have better input than I, but I think you might be pushing it at 255

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance!!!
You would rub on the fenders before the coils, most coils are farther away from the wheels than stock.

But depending on how low you are 235 or 245 may be the widest. If you are higher then 255 would work but you would be almost rubbing, or actually rubbing with that tire.

EDIT: By higher, I mean almost stock height, as that would poke ever so slightly at that height, and probably be touching if low enough.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,196 Posts
You would rub on the fenders before the coils, most coils are farther away from the wheels than stock.

But depending on how low you are 235 or 245 may be the widest. If you are higher then 255 would work but you would be almost rubbing, or actually rubbing with that tire.

EDIT: By higher, I mean almost stock height, as that would poke ever so slightly at that height, and probably be touching if low enough.
Yeah this was about right on with my assumptions, your wheel width makes 255 basically impossible in our stock fender

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input! The plan is to make sure that i have no issue with rubbing the fenders, so I would raise the coils to make sure that works. I will also have the SS Tuning Fender Flares on, so hoping the little poke I will have will make it pretty much flush with the extra few mm i get from the flares.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have 18x9.5 Turbomacs with 245/40/18s. At stock height, they rub under extreme conditions. Bad bumps with a full car will cause the fender to eat the tire.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Try THESE. When that page was made they only did them in very limited sizes, but they do say that they will release them more widely later on. I first saw that page a while back, so they might have expanded their range by now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Reactions: freakin_elrod
1 - 9 of 9 Posts