Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in Canada you can only get the ST3 and it starts at $33k. That's a lot in Canadadollars.

Around here, I see 30 GTI's for every ST. Not even exaggerating that figure. I've only ever really seen less than 6 or 7 ST's in my whole life. I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of GTI's from all generations.

I really feel like if the ST1 and ST2 were available in Canada, they would've gobbled up GTI sales. But that's just my opinion.

Has Ford every given a reason? How is it in Europe and the Asian markets? I feel like Canada got the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
102 Posts
33K in Cunuckistan Copeks is only $26k in US money.

Also the ST3 has all the 'Heated' items in it, so it is a welcome addition to the Canadian/Ice Planet Hoth market.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Economies of scale.

Canada is a smaller market (population-wise) than California in a bigger land mass. Distribution costs are way higher. It makes sense to reduce the number of SKUs/model offerings.

·
Registered
825 Posts
33K in Cunuckistan Copeks is only $26k in US money.

Also the ST3 has all the 'Heated' items in it, so it is a welcome addition to the Canadian/Ice Planet Hoth market.
You got it wrong. They also pay the US$33,000. But translated in Canadian dollars it becomes: C$41,862

Which is not near as bad as a while back when it was US$1 was equal to C$1,33

Plus Canada has taxes we do not use. Manitoba and Quebec are %13 and %15 respectively added on as taxes.
So say the purchase is in Quebec.. The final cost is. C$48,143.00

·
Registered
102 Posts
You got it wrong. They also pay the US$33,000. But translated in Canadian dollars it becomes: C$41,862

Plus Canada has taxes we do not use. Manitoba and Quebec are %13 and %15 respectively added on as taxes.
Wow... I stand corrected on the plight of our northern brethren in the Peoples Republic of Cunuckistan.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I figured it was because all you guys up there want heated seats, steering wheels, and mirrors. We have no need for that down here (although sometimes I wouldn't mind).

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are right about the V W outnumbering the ST however on Hwy 99 yesterday there I was in my Oxford White ST with a tangerine scream in front of me. I then checked the rear view and there was a race red behind me. Felt odd to have three of us in a row going down the Hwy south of Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Wow... I stand corrected on the plight of our northern brethren in the Peoples Republic of Cunuckistan.
I bought mine in Quebec just 3 weeks ago. The OTD price was just shy of $40k. I had the employee pricing and some other rebates though (Costco and something else). That's why I made the thread... because in Canada, the only ST you can buy is in Golf R territory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In Qc, I paid 37k OTD for a fully loaded '15 ST with rebates and some negotiation. At msrp +tx it would have been 41k. But is it possible to buy a Ford at msrp??

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Remember when you guys burned down our White House? Payback is a beotch! :mad:
I'm afraid that was a British only led excursion when it burned in 1814, no Canadians or Native Americans assisted with that occupancy of the capital. However if any of the Brits complain about no ST1 or ST2 available :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm afraid that was a British only led excursion when it burned in 1814, no Canadians or Native Americans assisted with that occupancy of the capital. However if any of the Brits complain about no ST1 or ST2 available :lol: :cool:
buzzkill, dude. :mad:

·
Registered
166 Posts
FWIW, I paid $26K CAD for a 2015 with low mileage this June 2017. Or about $18-$19K freedom dollars. Compression tests were good, came with a MBRP catback, previous owner put rest back to stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In Qc, I paid 37k OTD for a fully loaded '15 ST with rebates and some negotiation. At msrp +tx it would have been 41k. But is it possible to buy a Ford at msrp??
Wow... maybe I got a better deal than I originally thought... I got a brand new, fully loaded '16 in TS for $34,093 in march of 2017

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Wow... maybe I got a better deal than I originally thought... I got a brand new, fully loaded '16 in TS for $34,093 in march of 2017
This was my thought too but there must be an explanation.

I got my ST3 for $34000 CAD (probably 35,500 OTD) also brand new (51 km Odometer) fully loaded @0% interest Dec of 2016 in Southern Alberta. I also feel like I did quite good like you said, but we cant lie to ourselves Ford still made money off us somehow.

I really enjoy the heated seats and steering wheel in my opinion. I drive this car in the winter, it is actually very capable with winter tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts