Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Me and a friend have a Ford Focus ST of the same model year. I have the same equipment. Exhaust system plus optimization. His car charges three quarters of the meter. While my load is only half. Or just over half. The only thing that separates our cars is the stumble valve. I have a dump where I have a spring that is very soft. Could it be that I have too soft feather.? And so does it release the pressure?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hello! Me and a friend have a Ford Focus ST of the same model year. I have the same equipment. Exhaust system plus optimization. His car charges three quarters of the meter. While my load is only half. Or just over half. The only thing that separates our cars is the stumble valve. I have a dump where I have a spring that is very soft. Could it be that I have too soft feather.? And so does it release the pressure?

What year is both cars? And by optimization are you referring to both of you having the same tune? I understand you're in Sweden so the terms might be a little different. Just getting a feel for the situation to better help you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same year 2013. Same RaceShip. Hi had à recikling dump and i had a no recikling dump.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Same year 2013. Same RaceShip. Hi had à recikling dump and i had a no recikling dump.

Check for boost leaks. If your car is only at the halfway point than it is at 12.5psi or so and that is definitely low. I would start inspecting around the dump valve first then look in other places.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read a little bit. And clearly, an open dump valve can make the pressure drop. So I was going to switch to a recirculating dump valve. And cars from Europe use any system called MAF. This system is more sensitive than the system used in the United States.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts