Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted up yet or not. If it has. Would a mod please be so kind as to lock / remove this thread! Thanks!

Any new members on here who have ordered their new 2017 FoST yet???

Or existing members who are looking to trade in/up for the latest model year??:money:

I just took a look at the Canadian site and checked out the updated pricing and options... Looks like the Sunroof is factory for us now. And I'm not the worlds biggest fan of Triple Yellow Tricoat. I've seen it on mustangs and it looks OK. But I guess I'll really need to see it on a FoST in person before I make a call.

Canadian Build & Price site
2017 Ford Focus - Build & Price

American Build & Price site
2017 Ford Focus - Build & Price

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sunroof is only factory for ST2 and ST3. Not available on ST1.

Glad that I bought my 2016 ST1 with a Sunroof when I did.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ordered my '16 ST3 on 8/10. Was built on 10/26 and released on 10/29. Still don't have it. Latest update was arrival on 12/9. Needless to say I am not a happy camper. Not sure how people are getting '17 year model and I am waiting over a month for the car to be transported from Michigan to central PA.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ordered my '16 ST3 on 8/10. Was built on 10/26 and released on 10/29. Still don't have it. Latest update was arrival on 12/9. Needless to say I am not a happy camper. Not sure how people are getting '17 year model and I am waiting over a month for the car to be transported from Michigan to central PA.
I'd be upset too.

17s are on lots now so your 16 is now a year old while you're still waiting for it.

That's a raw deal. How is yours optioned?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Be glad you haven't been waiting 10 months for a 2016 RS, like my buddy that ordered his back in Feb and it still hasn't come in.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
768 Posts
Be glad you haven't been waiting 10 months for a 2016 RS, like my buddy that ordered his back in Feb and it still hasn't come in.
He could probably work around that as I have seen them on lots all over the place...if willing to travel I guess...but not with the current $10,000 dealer markup at my local one.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
He could probably work around that as I have seen them on lots all over the place...if willing to travel I guess...but not with the current $10,000 dealer markup at my local one.
Everywhere has them marked up about 10k. Can't escape that for a while I imagine.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'd be upset too.

17s are on lots now so your 16 is now a year old while you're still waiting for it.

Fully loaded with sunroof. Originally told it would be at the dealership on week of 11/7 to 11/14. Dealership said they can't track it (which is total bs) so I pm'ed ford service on here and they told me 12/2. Then pm'ed again the other day and they said 12/9 subject to change. They also said it was on the last rail stop in PA and just needed loaded on a truck and delivered.

My biggest gripe is it shouldn't take from 10/29 to 12/9 to ship to PA from Michigan. I know when I ordered it they said it would take until first week of November so I was ok with that.

I hear ya there. I like the idea of all wheel drive but couldn't justify the extra money. If I wanted to spend that much I probably would have just gone with a fully loaded WRX STI. I was also looking at a Hyundai Genesis because I know a few people that have them and really like them but again didn't want to spend that much money.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I hear ya there. I like the idea of all wheel drive but couldn't justify the extra money. If I wanted to spend that much I probably would have just gone with a fully loaded WRX STI. I was also looking at a Hyundai Genesis because I know a few people that have them and really like them but again didn't want to spend that much money.
You're right, you could spend the same money on a STI, but you will lose a lot of interior options and comfort features. The STI feels cheap on the inside. Not to mention the RS makes more power from the factory. But I totally get that $40k is a lot for any Focus, I just don't think it's any worse than spending that money on an Impreza or a Lancer.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Everywhere has them marked up about 10k. Can't escape that for a while I imagine.
I sold our only 2016 allocation just MSRP with no markup.

Reactions: Blackula

·
Registered
660 Posts
You're right, you could spend the same money on a STI, but you will lose a lot of interior options and comfort features. The STI feels cheap on the inside. Not to mention the RS makes more power from the factory. But I totally get that $40k is a lot for any Focus, I just don't think it's any worse than spending that money on an Impreza or a Lancer.
And all of this is the reason I went with the ST. Just sad as this is my first american car experience and it already seems like just crap service all around.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I just discovered my local ford dealer parks inventory on the open top of the parking deck next to Costco (so that's where I park now lol). I was walking around and saw a couple mustang GTs for $37k, made me drool. "That's not much more than my ST3," said the voice in my head.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
And all of this is the reason I went with the ST. Just sad as this is my first american car experience and it already seems like just crap service all around.
Do you mean working with Ford on your order or the dealer specifically? A dealer can definitely ruin the experience, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You still don't have yours yet though, right?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Do you mean working with Ford on your order or the dealer specifically? A dealer can definitely ruin the experience, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You still don't have yours yet though, right?
The ford service rep on this site was able to find it but the dealership said they could not.

I have only owned one very used Ford Ranger and it was an absolute tank for being in such horrible shape. Never had an issue with it so I hope this car is the same.

The dealership just called an hour ago and said they received it last evening so I can finally go pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: Bryman13

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd be upset too.

I'm positive I read somewhere. That if you still haven't got the '16 RS you've ordered, you're not getting a '16, you'll be getting a '17 at no extra charge.
Now, someone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm positive I read somewhere. That if you still haven't got the '16 RS you've ordered, you're not getting a '16, you'll be getting a '17 at no extra charge.
Now, someone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think that is true as we already have a vin for the 2016 RS.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2017 white ST showing up second week in Jan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts