Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that's the almost completed TCE/Wilwood front DRAG brake kit!

P1010148.jpg

Shown with optional scalloped rotors this kit tips the scales at 27lbs total or 13.5lbs per corner! And it's designed to fit inside near any 15" wheel using our 11.5" vented rotor. The calipers: radial mount DynaPros offer a great mix of rigidity, weight and stiffness all the while making a very streetable package when using standard rotors. *TCE does not recommend scalloped rotor for street use- they should be considered light weight, track use only.

More details and pricing soon!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wish to bring this kit back up to the front for a moment.

Thanks to some additional input from a couple of folks this kit is getting the revisions it requires for easier fitment. I am aiming for zero, or very minimal, grinding of the knuckle iron for clearance on "bracket round II". The revised parts should be wrapped up and test fit fully within two weeks.

I know one of you out there has the beta part and fit issues. I'll ask that you send those brackets back to me please and I'll swap them for the newer ones and front you some 570 brake fluid for your troubles!

More on this and more formal 'announcement' about is shortly. *It's still a bit of a back-burner project here..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I've never seen scalloped rotors before. Is that just for weight reduction or is there a performance aspect to it? I assume there is more to it making this a "drag kit".

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've never seen scalloped rotors before. Is that just for weight reduction or is there a performance aspect to it? I assume there is more to it making this a "drag kit".
Might also be for the ability to run a 15/16 inch wheel with slicks. I think the plus sized stocks need at least a 17.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The scalloped rotors are a weight reduction. After further consideration here however they will not be an option for this kit. I see too much potential for them to be used on a daily driver need and not just a drag use. The rotors in the image are 11.5 and part of the TCE Eclipse/Talon front drag kits; dedicated race cars. I'm deeming them to fragile for dual use and we'll be keeping with a more cost effective and reliable 11.75 standard disc. The barrel diameter however should be favorable to most 15" drag wheels: 13.14". TCE has both a front and rear kit for the Challenger/Charger that runs the same caliper setups but on 12.25" discs and fit Bogarts and Welds. They are far and away the most popular drag kits on the market for those cars, figuring here we can use a bit lighter rotor than is required for those heavy machines. I'm also looking at one additional option for the kits. More as it's available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts