Ford Focus ST Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
So the only option would be a complete aftermarket head assembly, if one were made
Maybe not. We might be able to use other heads. Nobody has attempted a head swap do at this point it's anyone's guess if another engines head will work. Of course money will get you anything you want.

·
Registered
755 Posts
So the only option would be a complete aftermarket head assembly, if one were made
And probably cost thousands, and more than just a couple. Would you be willing to spend that kind of money for a slightly different exhaust sound? I love the Subaru exhaust note (why I had UEL headers on mine), but that seems like a rather silly thing to spend that much money on. Plus, since it is a less efficient design, you will lose power.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
And probably cost thousands, and more than just a couple. Would you be willing to spend that kind of money for a slightly different exhaust sound? I love the Subaru exhaust note (why I had UEL headers on mine), but that seems like a rather silly thing to spend that much money on. Plus, since it is a less efficient design, you will lose power.
I'm not saying I would go to the trouble of doing it, but I bet if you made a custom elbow that mounted to the turbo that Y's out and Y's back together at slightly different length you'd might get more of a UEL header sound. totally impractical, and might not even work, but it's an idea

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
I'm not saying I would go to the trouble of doing it, but I bet if you made a custom elbow that mounted to the turbo that Y's out and Y's back together at slightly different length you'd might get more of a UEL header sound. totally impractical, and might not even work, but it's an idea
The exhaust pulses would have to start unequal from the port. Once they merge in the collector port(headifold opening) it's too late to spread out the pulses again.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The exhaust pulses would have to start unequal from the port. Once they merge in the collector port(headifold opening) it's too late to spread out the pulses again.
Yea that makes sense

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would like to see a company actually offer a decent full 3 inch exhaust set up. I agree also that most companies would sell so much more if they offered metals in mild steel. Everyone doesn't live coastal or in a freezer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would like to see a company actually offer a decent full 3 inch exhaust set up. I agree also that most companies would sell so much more if they offered metals in mild steel. Everyone doesn't live coastal or in a freezer.
Or at least 409 stainless. It would open up their market a lot more.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Make a tip that actually complements the rear bumper the way the stock tip does! $500-600 for stainless is a good price, but I like that MBRP offers aluminum aswell.

If you could vary the bounces, it could be possible to cancel the sound from the pulses with phase shifting.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
Make a tip that actually complements the rear bumper the way the stock tip does! $500-600 for stainless is a good price, but I like that MBRP offers aluminum aswell.

If you could vary the bounces, it could be possible to cancel the sound from the pulses with phase shifting.

·
Registered
755 Posts
LOL. Not serious about which part?
I dont know if he is thinking the same, but I am wondering just how you think the exhaust pulses could be phase shifted... I dont see how that could apply to exhaust sound, much less how it could be done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hey all I have some good news. We have decided to go forward with preliminary R&D for a cat-back exhaust system for the ST. I hope to have a prototype sample in 2 months and a final product in 6 months, but those timelines are subject to change. I will most definitely keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey all I have some good news. We have decided to go forward with preliminary R&D for a cat-back exhaust system for the ST. I hope to have a prototype sample in 2 months and a final product in 6 months, but those timelines are subject to change. I will most definitely keep you guys posted.
Great to hear! Welcome to Domestics!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Make some 3in id tips!! And bovs for us...and AERO PARTS!!! WIDEBODIES..REAR Valance etc..

·
Registered
119 Posts
i would definitely like to get a greddy if it sounds like the one i had on my rsx, but this time with better metal. that exhaust turned to crap the first winter we had with it. nice loud tone, didnt sound like a honda.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.