Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not possible
Dream ruinier!

Everyone that clamoring for a "deeper tone" and "engine burble". I don't think we're going to get there with just a CBE. We need unequal length headers to get that deeeeeep, guttural, subie-esque kind of sound. As Mr. Negativity stated above, it's not feasible. At least, we don't think so.. And if it is, it ain't going to be cheap. But if someone can develop an exhaust that gives the ST that deeeeeep subie/MS3 kind of sound, it would fly off the shelf faster than they could produce it. Can GReddy deliver?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a greddy Ti-C on my RSX and loved the sound of it, but i didnt like that after one winter the entire thing was rusted. by the time i sold the car it was heavily rusted and small holes were developing. it would be nice to have one made with better quality metal. i wanted one for my evo but they discontinued it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would like to see an exhaust made of 304 ss with a j-tube and maybe some muffler options in 3". it needs to not have drone! I think when I do my exhaust im gonna start with the MTR or OCD muffler delete and then have the front section done at an exhaust shop at some point. but if you make what I want you can take my money

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dream ruinier! Everyone that clamoring for a "deeper tone" and "engine burble". I don't think we're going to get there with just a CBE. We need unequal length headers to get that deeeeeep, guttural, subie-esque kind of sound. As Mr. Negativity stated above, it's not feasible. At least, we don't think so.. And if it is, it ain't going to be cheap. But if someone can develop an exhaust that gives the ST that deeeeeep subie/MS3 kind of sound, it would fly off the shelf faster than they could produce it. Can GReddy deliver?
I have the flowmaster on mine and I feel that it sounds deep and there is some burbling action too.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have the flowmaster on mine and I feel that it sounds deep and there is some burbling action too.
ive havent heard the flowmaster in person, so i can't really comment on it. Ive heard the Cobb and OCD in person and they're not as deep as say an MS3 with the 2nd cat and resonator cut out. that's the kind of sound i would like out of my ST. Youtube doesnt seem to do a lot of the aftermarket ST exhausts justice. Pity.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
Dream ruinier!

Everyone that clamoring for a "deeper tone" and "engine burble". I don't think we're going to get there with just a CBE. We need unequal length headers to get that deeeeeep, guttural, subie-esque kind of sound. As Mr. Negativity stated above, it's not feasible. At least, we don't think so.. And if it is, it ain't going to be cheap. But if someone can develop an exhaust that gives the ST that deeeeeep subie/MS3 kind of sound, it would fly off the shelf faster than they could produce it. Can GReddy deliver?
Again, it is impossible on our car to do unequal length header. Not a company on earth can do this.

To the option for Greddy parts...you will sell some exhaust kits but making it unique or something new, this likely won't happen. It's an exhaust, what more can you do besides resonators and mufflers? Only a select few shapes of tip will fit well with our bumpers.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Buy a head, machine off the oem headifold( hoping like hell you don't find a coolant or oil passage) have custom manifold made, figure out how to mount turbo and make intake and downpipe fit..

Now go do it DRE!!!! Haha
The ST's have an integrated manifold with the head ... the only connection to the block is an elbow ... have fun trying the project though

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
see.. not completely impossible :)
Inside of the manifold are coolant passages and they are completely around the exhaust passages. Again not possible due to the design of the casting. We have gone over this many times before

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Inside of the manifold are coolant passages and they are completely around the exhaust passages. Again not possible due to the design of the casting. We have gone over this many times before
How do we know there's coolant passages?
Seems kind of retarded to have coolant passages in a part that's usually not even part of the motor..

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,493 Posts
How do we know there's coolant passages?
Seems kind of retarded to have coolant passages in a part that's usually not even part of the motor..
See answer above. ^

This has been discussed on other forums and automotive websites a lot in the past 1.5 years

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.