Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Exhaust would be great, a good IC upgrade would be great (but not with the type 31 ls core, that wasn't an upgrade at all...), maybe some nice charge pipes. Aero upgrades are always good, I definitely like the look of some of the lip kits for other cars.

One thing I would really like though, is some engine bay dress up parts. Oil caps, radiator shrouds, battery covers, maybe a replacement for the top cover on the intake. Give us some aluminum or carbon fiber, maybe make them available in (or avenged with) stock paint colors and we could have some really good looking engine bays. No one seems to make any of that yet, so you could be the first.

·
Registered
755 Posts
So the only option would be a complete aftermarket head assembly, if one were made
And probably cost thousands, and more than just a couple. Would you be willing to spend that kind of money for a slightly different exhaust sound? I love the Subaru exhaust note (why I had UEL headers on mine), but that seems like a rather silly thing to spend that much money on. Plus, since it is a less efficient design, you will lose power.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would like to see a company actually offer a decent full 3 inch exhaust set up. I agree also that most companies would sell so much more if they offered metals in mild steel. Everyone doesn't live coastal or in a freezer.
Or at least 409 stainless. It would open up their market a lot more.

·
Registered
755 Posts
LOL. Not serious about which part?
I dont know if he is thinking the same, but I am wondering just how you think the exhaust pulses could be phase shifted... I dont see how that could apply to exhaust sound, much less how it could be done.

·
Registered
755 Posts
One other thing I would like to see, though I don't think you guys normally do work in this area, is a front strut bar with an open center to replace the closed one that comes stock. That would be a great upgrade for anyone running camber plates in the front.

And I will be waiting to see what you confer up with for the exhaust. Definitely excited to hear it when it's done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.