Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I was just thinking this and CPE can chime in here on there opinion of this idea but what if cpe hosted a meet kinda like the cj poney parts meet? I would certainly go. We could have dyno pulls and maybe a tour of the facility. I think it would be a fantastic time and place to see the atmosphere kit to! :in love:

·
Registered
660 Posts
just for reference purposes here's what said event could look like -
sub foci for speed 3's lol

srsly tho - some of the most fun i ever had in the speed community surrounded the cpe meets

i'd prob try to make some sort of arrangements to go if it happened....

·
Registered
795 Posts
They hosted at least 2 so far last year

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Year the other was a Capital ST Dyno Day

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Year the other was a Capital ST Dyno Day

****. 10th anniversary was fall 2013.. CSTC dyno day was in march 2014. speaking of which, we need to have another club dyno day soon

·
Registered
795 Posts
My sense of time is convoluted

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it is 2015 and they could show us there atmosphere kit. Anyways I think it should be done lol. Cpe won't see this anyways until Monday because there closed on weekends last time I checked.... I could imagine a huge amount of STs would come

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ok guys I was just thinking this and CPE can chime in here on there opinion of this idea but what if cpe hosted a meet kinda like the cj poney parts meet? I would certainly go. We could have dyno pulls and maybe a tour of the facility. I think it would be a fantastic time and place to see the atmosphere kit to! :in love:
We had an ST day at our facility during our 10th anniversary. 2 of you guys showed up the rest was mazdaspeed. Then the Capital ST club contacted us to do another event, they put together an awesome event we loved it, hopefully they will have another. We normally do 1 event open to all cars, we have not come up with a date yet, but will let you know when we figure it out. It's awesome that there's some interest in this now. Maybe we can convince you to switch out of that Borla Exhaust too!

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We had an ST day at our facility during our 10th anniversary. 2 of you guys showed up the rest was mazdaspeed. Then the Capital ST club contacted us to do another event, they put together an awesome event we loved it, hopefully they will have another. We normally do 1 event open to all cars, we have not come up with a date yet, but will let you know when we figure it out. It's awesome that there's some interest in this now. Maybe we can convince you to switch out of that Borla Exhaust too!
have you guys down at cpe heard the borla exhaust on a st yet? Just wondering and in your defense I have not heard your exhaust yet in person... If I get an exhaust I will then give you the burden of a catless downpipe install lol.

please let us know what you guys work out then because I would love to drive down and see your facilities and I know a lot of people here would to.

·
Registered
557 Posts
have you guys down at cpe heard the borla exhaust on a st yet? Just wondering and in your defense I have not heard your exhaust yet in person... If I get an exhaust I will then give you the burden of a catless downpipe install lol.

please let us know what you guys work out then because I would love to drive down and see your facilities and I know a lot of people here would to.
yeah we've heard the Borla, but generally borla designs their exhausts for sound and they sacrifice some performance to do so. Here's ours

And heres ours again stock vs cattless dp

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
yeah we've heard the Borla, but generally borla designs their exhausts for sound and they sacrifice some performance to do so. Here's ours

And heres ours again stock vs cattless dp
i have this and a I love it. minus the fact mine still hasnt been warrantied :( I love it. people at CP-E dyno day last year can vouch for how stupid loud this setup is with a catless DP

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is louder cattless cpe or borla?

·
Registered
557 Posts
What is louder cattless cpe or borla?
Can't really say without having both with a DB meter. You can adjust the sound/drone with our exhaust though. Our Austentie™ cat-back uses a Helmholtz resonator. That's what those 2 "extra" pipes are on our exhaust. You can adjust the tips in and out to fine tune what you want out of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't really say without having both with a DB meter. You can adjust the sound/drone with our exhaust though. Our Austentie™ cat-back uses a Helmholtz resonator. That's what those 2 "extra" pipes are on our exhaust. You can adjust the tips in and out to fine tune what you want out of the exhaust.
oh I see. Well I would want to hear the true sound in person lol. It sounds good in the video but you can never pick up everything that the exhaust does. Would your cattless downpipe work on a stock tune? Like no CEL... I would like to get my car parts already before I would get a protune so I'm not paying over and over to change the tune for a part.

·
Registered
557 Posts
oh I see. Well I would want to hear the true sound in person lol. It sounds good in the video but you can never pick up everything that the exhaust does. Would your cattless downpipe work on a stock tune? Like no CEL... I would like to get my car parts already before I would get a protune so I'm not paying over and over to change the tune for a part.
Do you have the AP? Cobb offers OTS maps that are a good general map until you can get a protune or an etune. We also have tuning/install services.
Dyno Tuning: cp-e? | Custom Performance Engineering
INstall: cp-e? | Custom Performance Engineering

1 - 19 of 19 Posts