·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I like eating them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
My morning... lol. Going 55 and deer Smucked me luckily not hurt and car can still drive
View attachment 279874 View attachment 279882
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but if you need a new $1200 headlight, $2,000 hood, $2,000 front bumper, $1400 fender, and probably $2,000 door...then you better hope they don't have to replace much or you will probably have a totaled car. Since they only do 70-80% value required to total it, it might already be totaled. That's an ugly one :( Stupid deer

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Hate deer; millions of them here is Kansas and the rutt is soon to begin. Rats on stilts!

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually the State trooper I talked to said I was a lucky one. He has seen a lot of Focus/Deer hits in my area over the years and usually the deer get hit in the side, take out the legs and the deer goes right into the windshield. I was able to kick out the back end and down shift when I saw the deer, and hit him at the angle... the car still drives. I drove it the 22 miles back home. might have messed up some electronics though. About 10 miles in the engine light came on, and it said "Hill Start assist disabled" and Going into Limp mode... so I had to pull over and turn off the ignition. waited about 20 seconds and re-started the car and all was back to normal.. then the rear left side window wouldn't open.. I hope it isn't totaled I love driving that car...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the engine compartment is pretty ok. but the coolant res. has some broken mounts but the tank is still good. and the front fascia is gone... lots of cracks in the grill and plastic.. wheeeee

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hit the junk yard sites for a door at least and replace it yourself before getting an estimate.

Fender and headlight on the cheap would help also if you want to keep the car. That's going to be totalled if you don't assist in lowering the repair estimate before getting it looked at.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the value on the car is estimated at $14,000-15,000 would it cost almost $9000 to repair it? that is nutts.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just the headlight is $1200 retail.

A whole door? 2-2500 easy. You're getting extremely close.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
the value on the car is estimated at $14,000-15,000 would it cost almost $9000 to repair it? that is nutts.
Just the headlight is $1200 retail.

A whole door? 2-2500 easy. You're getting extremely close.
Yeah my estimates in like the 2nd or 3rd reply on this thread were real and actually I shot too low. It'll be over 10k to fix it with insurance I guarantee it

The fender ALONE is 1400. I had mine replaced. The headlight really is 1200 also. The rest I just guessed. I probably guessed too low since the fender is 1400.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I use to have some what of a problem with people shooting deer just to shoot a deer. One jumped out in front of me when I was on my motorcycle and I laid it down. Broke a bunch of bones in my face and my neck and back still hurt. I shoot every deer I see. Bastards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I use to have some what of a problem with people shooting deer just to shoot a deer. One jumped out in front of me when I was on my motorcycle and I laid it down. Broke a bunch of bones in my face and my neck and back still hurt. I shoot every deer I see. Bastards.

See I'm still against just slaughtering them, but in areas where there are deer around me on my bike I am so cautious because this is one of my biggest fears D: in the car it isn't nearly as bad, but you can easily die from it on your bike.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
See I'm still against just slaughtering them, but in areas where there are deer around me on my bike I am so cautious because this is one of my biggest fears D: in the car it isn't nearly as bad, but you can easily die from it on your bike.
Damn you're quick lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to the insurance company and it is on the bubble for being totaled. There are some electrical gremlins that might push it over. I wanted to buy it back, but Michigan has a law where if the car is 5 years old or newer, The insurance company can not sell it back and must take possession of it. which sucks... but is what it is.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Spoke to the insurance company and it is on the bubble for being totaled. There are some electrical gremlins that might push it over. I wanted to buy it back, but Michigan has a law where if the car is 5 years old or newer, The insurance company can not sell it back and must take possession of it. which sucks... but is what it is.
Damn :( The deer got ya good. You still owe money on it or anything? Gap insurance? Gonna be sad if they don't give you enough to cover it fully...but don't forget to negotiate with them don't sign the papers until you get the number up a little. They will try to short you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So just got a call and the car is a total loss. Boooo... but so be it. keep your eyes on the auction block out there for a 2013 Blue ST... lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Deer are assholes. (Only thing worse are resident Canada Geese.) Should be able to hunt them with AR-15s and 30 round magazines. Lack of hunting and people encroachment are causing increasing dangers to the people.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts